PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Humbles ride

Humble
January 1st 1970, 00:00
Click here (http://www.germanlook.com/Html/MembersRides/ViewVehicle.php?RideID=82) for more information on this ride.

boygenius
December 21st 2003, 17:55
How much trimming is required to fit the pancake cooling system in a beetle. If its not to bad I will do that untill I can afford an up-right cooling system. Any information would be appreciated.:D

vujade
December 21st 2003, 18:23
Originally posted by boygenius
How much trimming is required to fit the pancake cooling system in a beetle. If its not to bad I will do that untill I can afford an up-right cooling system. Any information would be appreciated.:D

Seems like it would be easier to just use a T1 cooling system and convert it to t4, then to cut up your beetle Brendan. Plus less you have to reverse later on.

njv
December 21st 2003, 19:31
hi
a typ4 motor in pancake format in a bug is going to die in very short order it is sucking in its own hot air permanantly and will overheat many have been there before and many have killed them!!!

needs different cooling on it in a typ1 application on a typ3 it must have the air inlet connected to the original cool air inlet by ducting (412 plastic boot typ3 rubber) or it will die.

but its your car and you are able to do as you see fit with it.

boygenius
December 21st 2003, 19:54
Never thought about that. I guess my frugality is getting in the way of my clear judgement. :o

I'll just have to cheap out somewhere else.:D