PDA

View Full Version : Would it still be German Look if.....

havik180
June 2nd 2003, 14:50
Would you still consider a bug a GL if it had a (Wankel) Rotary in it ? Remember Felix Wankel was German so does that mean the rotary is ok because It has german roots ? Just curious about your opinion.

vujade
June 2nd 2003, 14:53
I would think so.
The german look is about making your car better then when it was first made. Form has to follow function.
As long as the converion was properly done, I dont see why not.

lightning bug
June 2nd 2003, 20:53
Ther are GL's with Subaru engines. So if that's considered GL, Rotaries should definitely.

Wally
June 3rd 2003, 02:46
Yes, sure. The Wankel is also quite an advanced piece of engineering and that is also what GL is about. Mazda is still perfecting the concept and gets very high hp out of them, turbo'd and all. Very compact design; ideal for a small engine compartment like a ....beetle (!?).
Good luck,
Walter

Vincent
July 10th 2003, 20:55
That is good...
I am working on a 1303 with a 13bt going to try to use the rx7 ac also... that will be very cool in the hot texas summers... I have a lot of planning to do. I have a 73 1303 right now but it is in bad shape someone stole the wheels off of it and the back windows. It may still work but I want to get just a 73 03 runner to drive for a bit as I am planning my project.