PDA

View Full Version : June Jitter Bug, June 22nd, Niagara Falls

Sandeep
June 12th 2003, 09:55
Lanner mentioned the June Jitterbug in Niagara Falls on Sunday June 22nd.

Lets get a group togeather and go to this show. We could meet in Oakville Sunday morning and drive out togeather.

I'm in for this one.

BTW .. for all at the meet last night, I pushed 6000 rpm in 4th on the way to the meet, racing a older style GTI on the 407. That works out to 194 kph ! :eek:

The car was stable as long as the foot was on the accelerator, but as soon as I let off to make the exit, whoaaaa ... very unstable :mad:

The car would not accelerate past 6000 rpm, I guess because of the FI cam and the webers. :silly:

Sandeep

btljus
June 12th 2003, 17:02
That's ****ing crazy!!!:D My car wouldn't go that fast, at least I don't think, didn't you run out of gears...wow that's fast.
Yeah I'm up for meeting up somewhere Sunday morning.

Rob
June 12th 2003, 17:40
Sandeep, you are crazy man :silly:
That's just scary ! (But impressive ;) )

Anyway, not sure if I'll make it to the June Jitterbug, like I said last night, that weekend is our anniversary, and I'll probably use all my brownie points to see if I can get that 914 engine.....:D :D

Rob.

Sandeep
June 16th 2003, 15:40
Who else is up for this show ?

Where do you guys want to meet on Sunday AM ? What time ?

Looking forward to racing some water-pumpers on the way to the show !! :tisktisk: :hehehe:

Sandeep

btljus
June 16th 2003, 17:03
I don't really care where as long as it's on the way. I don't want to make too many stops picking up ppl on the way cuz that way we'll get there by noon!:rolleyes: I think we should choose a mutual spot where it's closest for everyone. There is gonna be a few guys coming from Mississauga so that would probably be a small cruise to the meeting spot. Somewhere along the QEW maybe a service centre, so that we're off and than right back on without too much of a delay.

67ghiaTIV
June 17th 2003, 09:00
I'll be in Hamilton on Sunday morning so I will look for you guys at the show. I bought a fiberglass buggy last week. I figure that is the lightest vw body I could possibly fit my TIV into, and the price was right.

Take care,
Jamie

BWE
June 17th 2003, 11:16
I'm in for a meet somewhere along the way. I don't know that area at all so someone else will have to pick the spot... If my bug isn't done I'll have to drive the wife's honda :( , but I'll bring the camera and hopefully get some good shots along the way.
Dave.

PS: It was great to meet a bunch of you last week. I hope to meet the rest of you soon!

Rob
June 17th 2003, 11:22
Not sure if I'm going to make it, haven't prepped the wife yet.
Anyway, it's unlikely that I'll bring the bug, since it developed a death rattle on the way back from the meet :-(

Rob.

Sandeep
June 17th 2003, 11:34
Peter,

Were are you guys in Mississauga ? I can meet in Mississauga somewhere and then on to the meeting spot on QEW.

Is there any interest in breakfast at a Denny's somewhere before going to the show ? Don't want to get raped at the restaurants at the Falls !

Sandeep

petevw
June 17th 2003, 13:28
whassup??

i am working feverishly on my ****box to get it ready for the show.
put on the rear disk brakes last night, going to do the honda spring, my strut thingy after work today, and if there is enough time i'll complete the front end. should be rolling on 17's tomorrow, dyno thursday, drive the car to work on fri (test run), put my interior back together sat. if all goes well/as planned i will be cruising to the Falls on sunday. i've got my fingers crossed!!

later,
pete

btljus
June 17th 2003, 14:20
I was talking to Lanner and he mentioned to meet at the Erin Mills Town Centre (Erin mills and Eglington) at 7:45am and leaving at 8:00am SHARP! we will do a drive by on the QEW through the weigh scales (past trafalgar exit) to see if anyone from Oakville might be there. WE WILL NOT BE STOPPING TO WAIT! it'll be a roll through just to pick up strays (LOL) and than proceed to the Falls. Please come prepared with your stomachs full of food and your tanks full of Gas, as we would like to make it to the show without any delays! Thanks for your cooperation!:D
(I liked that last line) See you all there!
Peter (as per Lanners request):silly:

Sandeep
June 17th 2003, 14:30
Sounds cool.

See you Sunday @ 745am Erin Mills & Eglington. Which entrance ?

Sandeep

btljus
June 17th 2003, 14:37
I figure it would be the one off of Eglington, so that we're easily seen by others...and easy to exit back onto the highway. South West corner of the mall...

Alex
June 17th 2003, 14:52
Guys,

I have to meet you there. I am on night shift on Saturday and will come home Sunday morning. I need 2-3 hours of sleep :D .
I should be there around 11-11:30AM.

Alex

Sandeep
June 20th 2003, 10:38
Pete,

Hows the progress on the bug coming along ? Will you be able to drive to the Falls ?

I'd love a ride in that beast !

Sandeep

petevw
June 20th 2003, 13:06
haven't had much sleep this week. work 7-4, then bugtime till 1am.

have all the brakes swapped (4wheel disc's)! the front struts are done with KYB's and the honda coil mod for the 17's. the front end is done! rotors, calipers, brake hoses/lines, and suspension.

need to replace the rear brake flex hose, make a line for rear caliper. swap for my hi-torque starter. take out the exhaust gaskets (leaks with copper gaskets, DOESN'T leak without gaskets). need to remove and inspect/replace oil pump. everything will be done tonight, unless i need to replace the pump.

if the pump needs to be changed it will be done on sat. seems like i will not get to the dyno, but i'll run it rich to drive to niagara, seeing this will be a "running in" the motor event. maybe a little tuning on the highway.
hope to have my interior pieced together too. might look a little rough (need more time).
still have my fingers crossed!

pete

Sandeep
June 20th 2003, 13:33
If Rob can drive his bug to the Boxer AG meet with just a seat IIRC, then you have nothing to worry about ! :D

Sandeep

petevw
June 20th 2003, 13:38
:hehehe:

Rob
June 20th 2003, 13:51
No interiour = less weight = more speed.
(God knows I need that with a stock Sp 1600 :D :D )

Rob.