PDA

View Full Version : Are all the links enabled?

kVinyl
August 21st 2002, 04:47
Are all the links on the main page clickable? Maybe I'm missing something very obvious here but I can't seem to click on any of the links to view the member's rides or the tech articles :(

(I also can't seem to post to the Suggestions and Feedback forum where this thread should have been started...!):confused:

Sandeep
August 21st 2002, 09:46
kVinyl,

The links are all enabled.....on the main page, click the image to view any item, or you can click the arrows pointing right to get a listing of the items for that section. If you hold your mouse over an image it will tell you what it does.

Let me know if you have any other problems navigating the site !

Sandeep

Alex
August 21st 2002, 09:58
If you were able to post here you should have been able to post the Feedback and Suggestion forum.

I will move the thread to it. If you have still problems email me please.

Alex

kVinyl
August 21st 2002, 10:16
Well, it seems that I can now post to this forum - don't know what was going on there!
Unfortunately, I'm still having problems with the links. The cursor doesn't change when I pass the mouse over them, but I suspect it has something to do with the way Javascript is handled by my browser - I'm going to try and log on from a different machine later tonight to see if I have the same problem...
Cheers,
kVinyl.

Sandeep
August 21st 2002, 10:21
Whats the type of browser you are using ? The javascript that I'm using is safe for IE 4+ and NS4+.

The cursor won't change when you put your mouse over it....it will bring up a small text box telling you what the link does though...

I did it this way because normally, with a regular link on an image, there are small blue borders around everything thats a link...it detracts from the looks of the main page.

Sandeep

kVinyl
August 21st 2002, 11:07
I'm using Netscape Communicator 4.5 but maybe my Javascript plug-in is too old? I'll use my brothers PC with IE later and hopefully that will work ok.
kVinyl

Chris Percival
August 21st 2002, 11:32
I must say, I do like my mouse to change when there is a link underneath. Surely that can be done even with no border? If not I would probably rather have the border...

Sandeep
August 22nd 2002, 11:42
I've made some subtle changes to the site to address the changing of the pointer when you are over a link....

Is that better ?

Chris Percival
August 22nd 2002, 11:45
Much better on the main screen...

Sandeep
August 22nd 2002, 12:42
I will make this change to all of the other pages as well to keep things consistent....

Keep the suggestions coming !! :D

Sandeep

kVinyl
August 23rd 2002, 10:55
Sandeep,
Logged onto the site with brothers PC - no problem!