PDA

View Full Version : GL 1302-Phase 2 has begun

vujade
June 23rd 2003, 15:38
Well I started phase 2 of my GL project on Saturday.

I dropped my car & my sunroof clip off at the paint shop on Saturday.

The sunroof will be grafted in over the next week or so and will be primed and ready for the next part of phase 2. Which is the rest of the body work & repainting the car.

I have been assured that my car will be there priority and will take at least 1 month to complete, but no more then 2 months total. Let's hope this goes smoothly. I want to be able to debut this car at Bug Jam this year.

zen
June 23rd 2003, 17:05
i hope it goes as planned. i am still holding hopes for Bug Jam, but the time fairy has not been on my side.

vujade
June 23rd 2003, 22:03
Well I got all the parts ordered to rebuild my sunroof after it is grafted in to my car.

I got 2 new cables, a crank kit & new gaskets too.
It will be nice to have an original sunroof in my VW :D

I talked with my body guy this morning and he worked on my car for 10 hours on Sunday.
He completely tore the sunroof apart, drilled out all the welds and got the roof clip ready to be bead blasted today.

I will probably be going out there Wed to check on my cars progress.

NO_H2O
June 23rd 2003, 22:04
That would be cool to have 3 VKG cars at the JAM. I told Zen we might have to do a couple club work days to get his done.

vujade
June 23rd 2003, 22:10
I will probably need some help also to get mine back on the road for Bug Jam too.

Hopefully if all goes well, the body & paint will be done in the next month or so (two months at most I have been told).

As far as engines go, I have a few options I am looking at right now. Not sure which way I will go for sure yet though.

I am not sure how far my interior will be along by Bug Jam.
I will really have to kick it in high gear when the car comes out of painting it.

vujade
June 24th 2003, 10:40
Here is a pic of my donor car...

I think I may have taken a little too much off the top...LOL

NO_H2O
June 24th 2003, 11:05
Wow, what do they call that color:D . Will the 1303(curved windsheild) post work on the blue 1302(flat windsheild)? or is you body guy going to graft it aft of the windsheild?

vujade
June 24th 2003, 11:27
The body guy is deskinning the 1303 roof from the windshield to the rear window and from drip rail to drip rail.

He will then reskin in onto my car after he deskins my roof.

The posts will not be used at all.

zen
June 24th 2003, 12:11
you should give that leftover to johnh. he seems to like starting there. :silly:

speaking of which, he has been pretty quiet that past week.

vujade
June 24th 2003, 12:12
When I bought this car I thought of John...LOL

jhelgesen
June 24th 2003, 12:20
glad to hear you guys are thinking of me.

Work is kicking my butt lately, trying to get a new Mexican motor running down the assembly line.

There might be too much of that car left for me to think about working it, don't want it too easy. :)

Been working on a Honduh and an f150 for a guy here in the plant on the weekends, putting a few quick bucks in my pocket doing tune ups.

I did get my wireless network setup at the house (real technogeek stuff!) so I have web access in the pc in my shop. It even has its own IM address (blitzcraft auto, can you believe some scmuck already has blitzcraft registered with aol?)

I'm gonna try and get the block built up this weekend on my porsche 3.0 to make room for Joes 2056. Wish me luck.

zen
June 24th 2003, 12:37
it really pisses me off when work gets in the way. that should stop.

Racelook
June 24th 2003, 14:27
It really really pisses me off when school comes between it:silly: :silly:

vujade
June 25th 2003, 12:40
just got back from the body shop.

the car is starting to look sweet.

The sunroof clip was in place and ready to be welded in.

Man does it look good!

It should all be done by friday or saturday.

I am going down there Saturday to help strip the car so that he can start on phase two of the paint & body (rustoration)

vujade
June 27th 2003, 17:31
I got a call from the bodyman today and the roof is now done (except for the cables because they havent arrived yet)

It has been welded in and already in primer.

I am going tomorrow morning & will take digi pics for all to see.

NO_H2O
June 27th 2003, 18:08
Cool, can't wait to see