PDA

View Full Version : driving it.

petevw
June 26th 2003, 09:19
well,

i've been driving my car for the past couple nights, have put about 50 miles or so on.

things are going well so far. the oil pump is leaking a little only when i turn it off for a couple minutes. the pushrod tubes are dry and starting to rust. the oil sits at 130ish around town and 210ish on the highway (short stint) dropping to 130ish right after coming of the highway. i have to adjust fuel, and ignition for the new cam. it's pinging/running a little lean at a mid load part throttle accelerating slowly off of 2500rpm. went from a engle FK-89 to a webcam 86C. driving around though at 1/2 throttle. set up the linkage like that so i don't dump on it and see 8000 just yet. i don't trust myself to baby foot it around this week. next week, maybe this weekend, i'll open it up and see what this cam can do!
the 17's and the suspension don't seem to stable. i will drop the rear some more(too high for my liking) and see if i can get the car to sit flat turning. the radical drop, and the 17's have the front acting "funny" needing some attention. possibly a camber fix and swaybar. going from 15 to 17's it seemed like, i raised the car like 5inches. weird. with 15's the car was slammed!! i was able to push pop cans with the bulkhead. when the 17's went on the car was sky high not filling the wheel wells. so i dropped it as far as the adjust-a-struts would allow, another 1 1/4 inches. would like to go another 1/2 but the struts won't allow it.
the 4 wheel discs are working. the front left is squealing a little. will take apart and put some stop squeak behind the pads. the master cylinder is unpredictable. push slow, not bad. push hard, a little better. push hard, let off, push again and pedal hits floor needing a double/triple pump. going to try a Kersher master cylinder (Alex recom). does anyone have one here that i can use? replacing it when mine comes from europe.
oh well, these are little things i will work out in the next week or so.

later,
pete

Sandeep
June 26th 2003, 12:00
Awesome Pete !

Another Boxer on the road.

Sandeep

Alex
June 26th 2003, 12:45
How are the new lights?

Alex

petevw
June 26th 2003, 13:01
^^will be installed shortly....

pete

flat
June 27th 2003, 13:04
Pete, I hate to be "Mr. Obvious", but you did align the car after the install, right?
L

Rob
June 27th 2003, 16:27
Good stuff Pete.
Let me know if you need a set of caster shims.
I have a set installed on mine, but I'm installing dropped spindles this weekend and I don't think I still need them.
Steering was getting way to heavy.

Rob.