PDA

View Full Version : Check out this GL car!

vujade
August 22nd 2002, 02:09
I just seen this at SuperBeetlesOnly!
This car looks awesome!
Im in love with that front bumper/spoiler.

Anyone seen this type of setup before?
Who makes it?

http://www.superbeetlesonly.com/iB_html/uploads/post-9-28338-Bluegl.jpg

VRSICK
August 22nd 2002, 02:56
that looks AWESOME !!!! where can i get a bumper like that?

vujade
August 22nd 2002, 03:01
i wish I new....hopefully someone in the GL community will be able to come up with some info about that front bumper/spoiler combo...

this is exactly what I am talking about! I love this look!

bren
August 22nd 2002, 05:38
thats very sweet!

ive given up chasing suppliers of front bumpers like that.. the only ones who can supply anything even remotely close to what im after are remmele, and i cant afford their prices.. so...... before i respray my new front bumper in black, I'm gonna make my own spoiler to go underneath it from sheet steel! the way i see it, is it may end up heavy, but if it gets hit, GRP would crack and be useless.. steel will just dent or bend, then i can beat it back to shape, fill it, respray it and keep using it! i also can mae it EXACTLY to the shape i want.. no compromises!

Chris Percival
August 22nd 2002, 08:03
I have a similar plan. As mine is an 03 I would like to build on a front airdam that just follows the curve of the front wings down (the curve before they start to curve back under). It would be separate from the bumber and would be removable. It would probobly be made out of steel, although the one on Russ Fellows' bug is GRP. It would probobly have a splitter on the bottom.

That bug although unique and somewhat towards what I am after is not perfect IMHO. I wonder if those front vents are ducted to the brakes? I would guess not. I would probobly have mine a bit further in, and I don't like the front bumber joining the body at the top, it reminds me of those turbo body kits...

It is on the whole a sweet looking vehicle though...

Sandeep
August 22nd 2002, 09:33
I like the spoiler but for some reason it looks like it was given the 'Rice' treatment.....

Maybe thats from seeing too many Honda's with their 'Kombat' kits.....

Sandeep

samcat
August 22nd 2002, 10:12
Is that a Whale Tale I can see on the back :rolleyes:
Something not quite right about the front's shape... Not 100% what, but I dont like the shape of the dam...

Sam C

vujade
August 22nd 2002, 10:17
yes there is some kind of tail

http://www.superbeetlesonly.com/iB_html/uploads/post-9-28429-Bluegl1.jpg

VRSICK
August 22nd 2002, 12:50
how exactly would I get in touch with Remmele ???

Alex
August 22nd 2002, 13:15
VRSICK,

only thru aircooled.net if you are in North America.

Alex

VRSICK
August 22nd 2002, 14:11
and remmelle is a brand of bumpers or something for bugs??

Alex
August 22nd 2002, 14:18
Have a look at the galleries...all of them.
He is a tuner out of France. There you will see a couple of pics of items he makes.

He does not have any front spoilers or big whale tales. The only spoiler I know of he has is his carbon roof spoiler. He makes bumpers and fenders out of carbon for race applications and Carbon/Polyester parts for show cars.
He also does his own engine parts.

Alex

vujade
August 23rd 2002, 20:40
I just found out on ShopTalk where these are from... maybe somebody can call them & find out how much they are and if we could get a group deal?

The company: J-Sport
The Location: Osaka, Japan
The Website: J-Sport (http://www.jeffreys-vw.com)

If you want to read this website, you will have to translate to English using BabelFish website AltaVista (http://babel.altavista.com/tr)

Carbon Joe
August 25th 2002, 16:37
I'm just wondering how that spoiler effects the cooling of the car, I know with convertibles when you drive with the top down the air creates a dead spot over the rear vents and on a hot day they tend to over heat.

deutschlooker
August 25th 2002, 18:01
Sh*t yes, they also make height adjustable coild-over kits similar to the ones that H&R make for all model bugs

deutschlooker
August 25th 2002, 18:04
they also have a very nice porsche 911 fan shroud kit