PDA

View Full Version : Local (Canadian) source for door solenoids?

BWE
June 29th 2003, 22:10
Hey Guys, Sorry this is a bit of a tech question, but I'll put it here anyways.
I'm looking for a Canadian (Ontario would be even better) source for door solenoids, the bigger 35lbs ones. I installed mine into my doors last night and they won't even budge the latches! They're only rated at 12lbs.
Any help would be great since I can't shut my doors with the windows up at the moment.
Thanks all,
Dave

petevw
June 30th 2003, 16:08
try and contact: btljus (Peter) on this forum. i'm sure he can get a set of domestic solenoid clunckers. he's got them on his bug.

later,
pete

btljus
July 7th 2003, 14:33
Here I am! LOL, I'm using an AutoLoc set. But the solenoids don't look any different than those found in a Mr Gasket (ones I sell at work) 12lb kit. I have no clue as to why yours aren't working! My buddy has them in a '94 T-bird and I just sold a set last week to a shop they put them in a Suburban and that worked just fine! In a bug you need to make up a pulley system ar find a better spor to mount the solenoid. What I did is extend the rod from the door so that it's easier for the solenoid to pull.

CLKWRK
July 7th 2003, 16:35
hey,
if you are poor like me........

find an old jag from the 80's at the wreckers and hack the door solenoids outta that.
They are good quality, magnetic and perfect for shaved door handles. Thats what I am using, I got mine for $20.00cdn each.

BRY

BWE
July 8th 2003, 07:54
Thanks folks,
I tracked down an old set of Spal solenoids that a local shop had special ordered for someone 2 or 3 years ago... The guy prepaid the shipping but never picked them up! The shop owner just wanted them out of the way so I got them at a good price.
Thanks again for all your help
See you all tonight!
Dave