PDA

View Full Version : force feed your GL!

CLKWRK
July 2nd 2003, 11:43
Hey guys,

To meany people turbo tuning is a black art shrouded in mystery, I think it would be cool to have a forum to de mystify the subject, and perhaps get more people to venture where few GLs dare to go.

just a thought, BRY:D

lightning bug
July 6th 2003, 22:46
I'll second that. Alot of questions concerning engines are about turbocharging.

Wally
July 7th 2003, 02:10
Hey, good idea, I'll third that (can you say that in english?)
May I ask for an all type 4 turbo section, since I feel the 'problems' are mainly with turbocharging type 4's. Turboing type 1 is done a lot already and even availible in kit form from CB.
Walter

Chris Percival
July 7th 2003, 10:04
There is already a great one on the shoptalk forums, no need to have another..

lightning bug
July 7th 2003, 14:05
Yes but it seems you have to be in the "gang" to even get an honest answer there. I haven't been there in months. Maybe it has changed. As for a T4 only section, turbocharging is turbocharging. Plus CB's T1 kit is very limiting to what you can use. Also it wouldn't help the do-it-yourselfer.

CLKWRK
July 7th 2003, 16:25
Hey all,

What I meant was a forum to promote turbo charging Germanlook cars. I have seen very few turbo GL cars and I beleive the 2.0L bus T4 is a good place to start for a turbo project.
With its extra cooling surface around the sides of the cylinder head and the lower static compression.

The STF turbo forum is an ecellent place to gather info on this subject, but I feel that for the performance minded GL community to ignore turbocharging would be a waste horsepower.

Its no secret that a turbo car can spank a n/a car of the same displacement in the torque department

cheers, Bry
:D