PDA

View Full Version : Great Canadian Bug Show

Sandeep
July 4th 2003, 10:00
August 10th at Hershey Centre in Mississauga.

I'm not looking to compete in the car show (Daily driver :))but am looking forward to compete in the Autocross.

So I'm trying to hook up with Lanner to get the Cup brace installed before the show. I'll also get my front caliper mounts machined but won't have the fenders painted in time to run the 18's.

I'm looking at a rear swaybar system (Whiteline out of B.C), $217 CAD for a fully adjustable rear system (18mm adjustable to feel like a 22mm) but they can't deliver before Aug 10th.

So, I'll run it like it is presently (195/50/15 f and 195/65/15 r, front 19mm swaybar and 14yr old shocks, and Cup brace.

Who else is going to be up for this little event ? Hopefully we can show what the Boxer AG cars are capable of !

Sandeep

petevw
July 5th 2003, 16:25
i will enter the show and autocross. i'm looking forward to the autocross. never have beat my car in a autocross event. i used to race 2-stroke gokarts a while back, so..... i'm a little interested to see what's going to happen. either gonna take it technically to get a fast time, or toss it around and have some fun :silly:

Alex
July 5th 2003, 16:41
I will bring the video camera so that we can all analyse your driving styles :D.

Alex

Rob
July 6th 2003, 09:55
I still need to pull the engine :-(
But it's 35 Celcius in the garage.....

I'm also affraid of what I'll find when I finally have it out.
Anyway, I'll try to drop by and see how you guys mash cones :D :D

Rob.

Sandeep
July 7th 2003, 08:59
Pete,

I raced a 125cc shifter for 2 years. Autocrossing the bug will be fun. I'm going to try and find a large empty parking lot sometime soon and throw the car around, just to see how it handles and try to forsee what problems I may have.

Sandeep

btljus
July 7th 2003, 14:16
Why not just go the the Hershey centre parking lot! Big, empty and the same surface that u will actually be racing on! Hey what a great IDEA!!!:D BTW Pete, u can't do both (unless this year is any different than the others) It's either the show or the go! I was looking to do that last year, but couldn't it was one or the other:mad:

Sandeep
August 5th 2003, 09:14
Are you guys ready ?

I've got the Whiteline bars installed and boy does it make a difference ! Just need to install the brace now. I'll bring the BP 3/4" front swaybar to the meet incase anyone wants it .. $100 CAD.

http://members.rogers.com/ssyan/Images/Tech17S.jpg

http://members.rogers.com/ssyan/Images/Tech17AD.jpg

Just need to figure out tire pressures now. It feels like the rears are 'folding over' if you know what I mean ... perhaps its those cheapie Walmart specails I'm running :D

Sandeep

Rob
August 5th 2003, 09:43
Hey Sandeep,

Put a dab of white shoe polish on the edge of the tire,
that will tell you how far it 'folds'. That way you know when to increase the tire pressure.

Rob.

Sandeep
August 5th 2003, 13:56
Sounds like a plan !

Sandeep

Sandeep
August 7th 2003, 09:14
Gates open at 8am for the show. Where do you guys want to meet and at what time ? Would be cool to park in a group at the show.

Sandeep

petevw
August 7th 2003, 16:22
there ia VW GTG at square1 mall on saturday night. should a few cars from out of town. i'll cruise by.
as for meeting somewhere, i'm cool with whatever is decided. i don't know that area well, so somebody has to say where.

pete

Sandeep
August 8th 2003, 11:51
Lets meet at the Tim Hortons at 44 Britannia Road East, Mississauga, ON. Its about a 5 min drive to the Hershey Center from there.

Use an internet mapping program to get the directions.

Gates open at 8am for show and AX cars so lets meet at 7:30am and leave the TH at about 7:50am.

Sound like a plan ?

Sandeep

Alex
August 8th 2003, 16:17
I will be there at about 10AM.

Alex

petevw
August 9th 2003, 02:53
i'll meet you at the timmies.:)

bc1303s
August 9th 2003, 02:58
Don't run 18"s auto cross run 15"s If not 13's 18's for autocross ain't right THATS only whaat i think !!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK :p MILO:o

Rob
August 9th 2003, 11:52
What time does the AutoX start ?

Rob.