PDA

View Full Version : standard 77 bug body

67ghiaTIV
July 7th 2003, 19:35
Is anybody interested in a 77 standard bug body or parts from it. It comes with a body that is missing fenders and I believe the interior. It is solid with no rust and low mileage. I am interested in the car for its mechanical components, pan, front end, electrical... I will use it as a donor for my fiberglass buggy.

I don't want to scrap the body so let me know if anybody is interested.

I haven't even looked at it yet but if the seller is reasonable I might have it by wed.

Take Care,
Jamie

ajracer
July 9th 2003, 23:31
I'm looking for a Factory Sunroof, no chance I might
get lucky on this one is there ? Other than that I
don't need a complete shell.

1972 Super in Toronto

67ghiaTIV
July 10th 2003, 08:35
Sorry, it has no sunroof. I talked with the guy and he said I can just take what I want off the car, leave the shell and anything else behind and then pay for what I take. Maybe Sandeep would like to make his convertable LOL.

Take Care,
Jamie

Sandeep
July 10th 2003, 09:01
Is this a convertible body ? If not, I wish I had the room in the garage. This would mean I could work on the body and then get it painted while I was still driving my car. Then during the winter I could just swap bodies ! :D

Sandeep

67ghiaTIV
July 10th 2003, 11:38
No, its not, I just figured you could cut the roof off yours and sell it to ajracer to help fund the rest of the your improvements. LOL

Rob
July 10th 2003, 12:00
Does it still have an engine in it ?
Or are you using that as well ?

Rob.

67ghiaTIV
July 10th 2003, 12:19
no, once again, sorry no engine or tranny.

Jamie

Alex
July 10th 2003, 19:41
If it is nearly rust free you should email petevw (Sorry).

I know that Peter wants a standard. Peter....you should look into this. BTW...how much is it?

Alex

petevw
July 10th 2003, 21:43
^^

it me: petevw

i am looking for a standard bug.

this is what i'm thinking:
early standard,
rag,
IRS pan,

67ghiaTIV
July 10th 2003, 22:40
"It has no fenders and it has a dent on the drivers lower quarter panel, it is a solid southern body. The doors line up perfectly and the heater channels have the original paint on them. "

This is what I have been told, I will be going on friday to see the car and start removing the body from the pan. I will be taking all the electrical, pan, front end, rear end, steering, and anything else that is needed for my fiberglass buggy. It has no interior, motor or transmission.

What will be left is the body including hood, decklid, glass, and doors on a solid original 77 standard.

Take Care,
Jamie

Alex
July 10th 2003, 23:54
Sorry Pete...I edited my post.
Forget the early standard.....we can make it look early with fenders and a rag can be welded in I believe that there is a rag in Kitchener if it is still available and if you still have the phone number (You should know who I mean). The goal is to get a good body for little money :D

Alex

petevw
July 11th 2003, 17:53
hmmmmm