PDA

View Full Version : Fiberglass fenders (who's using?)

Bullyboy
July 13th 2003, 12:38
How many of you folks are using the fiberglass fenders instead of those crappy repro fenders that everyone sells. We are looking for 73'super OEM for our restoration but not having much luck finding good used ones. So we are looking at the stock look glass ones.

vujade
July 13th 2003, 12:58
where is AB?

I just bought good used Super fenders from Sunray Bugs in Florida (http://www.sunraybugs.com/)

bren
July 14th 2003, 09:33
ive got stock size GRP "wings" (fenders) from day mouldings here in the UK.. they are better than NOS steel wings IMO as they fit the same, but dont rust.. EVER! even the captive threads in the headlamp bowls are brass and the top lip that holds the light in place is stainless.. all bonded in. best bit is that you can get all 4 for the same price as one NOS version and you can order them in a gelcoat finish in virtually any 70's vw colour!

3 month waiting list though :( and i have no idea where "AB" is so this may be of no use to you?

NYBugman1972
July 14th 2003, 12:26
I believe that AB is Alberta, Canada.

I use rear fiberglass fenders fron creative car craft in 1 1/4" wider size. Strong, perfect fit, I love them.

Bullyboy
July 14th 2003, 19:36
I knew you liked yours Mike. Do they come drilled for the fender bolts ? I know you have to cut the bumper holes.

Mark, Dorinda & Wilbur

lightning bug
July 14th 2003, 21:18
I have also used CCC. Good stuff. I'm using them again on the rear only. No they do not have the fender holes drilled, but they are marked where the holes would be.

zen
July 14th 2003, 21:56
CCC front and rear. 2" and 3" respectively. top quality stuff. the best i have seen in fiberglass. this is my second set (for a second car that is).