PDA

View Full Version : help me choose interior color

6Speed
July 22nd 2003, 22:53
Hey guys, I am in the process of restoring this 64 bug I bought and I need some help on interior. I am repainting the car navy blue metallic, which is a color recently done by GM. Here are some pics to show you how dark this color is. It almost looks black in certain light.

http://www.baystatemotorsports.com/00_cpe_blue_14k.htm

So now I need to decide on what color to do the doorpanels, seats, and carpet. I was thinking off-white for the doorpanels and seats, and then dark blue for the carpet. In the Real Source catalog, they have some dark blue loop carpet that almost looks black. I think that would work, but I'm afraid the carpet would almost match the outside color of the car, and I'm not sure if that would look good?

I want to stay away from black seats and panels. I think grey would look good, but I want something lighter. I really like the off-white or possibly tan options best.

What do you guys think?

ShApE
July 22nd 2003, 23:20
that almost looks like "chrysler steel blue". i would choose a beige color or a toned black and grey interior. but thats just me
good luck

vujade
July 22nd 2003, 23:25
it depends on the look you are trying to achieve.

if it is a more classy look, then i would go with the off white or tan

if it is a more sporty look probably a grey or a silver.

ShApE
July 22nd 2003, 23:27
what he said ^

NYBugman1972
July 24th 2003, 20:43
Tan. Hands down. Not too light, though. Think Porsche :)

lightning bug
July 25th 2003, 20:38
My car will be Audi Denim Blue. All black interior with black/grey seats. Tan is hot also though.

Superman
July 25th 2003, 22:18
Oatmeal seats/doors with black carpet.

zen
July 27th 2003, 19:42
i agree with vujade. that said, i always love oatmeal carpet with black or blue paint schemes. you could then use tan for the panels. consider a true camel color also. light like you want and a widely used Porsche color. looks great with a navy blue too. and that color you picked looks nice. bear one thing in mind when selecting a color. what you see on your monitor and in print in a catalog are NOT the true colors. always get samples of the carpets before buying anything but black. and Real Source has some pretty inflated prices. go with TMI or Sewfine. Aircooled.net sells TMI and I just bought mine from them.