PDA

View Full Version : CF bumper brackets

SilverBullet
July 29th 2003, 04:07
Hi Joe, hope all is good with you! Any chance that you might make CF bumper brackets? The present ones on my car weighs a ton!:) I've seen this brackets before but can't recall where! Thinks is from Tafel if I'm not mistaken.
Anyway wrote you a mail. Take care and see you soon.
Cheers, Richard T. :drunk:

Carbon Joe
July 31st 2003, 08:52
Richard,
I don't think I'll be making bumper brackets or bumpers because of the liability issue, sorry.

vujade
July 31st 2003, 09:22
Joe, why should there be a liability issue?

Innovations in Fiberglass has been making Fiberglass bumpers for VW's for years.

If you are that worried, couldnt they come with a release form stating that they are for made show cars only?

TitoRay
July 31st 2003, 18:16
Yes, please Joe, see what you can do about bumpers and/or brackets. They're two parts that are quite universal, heavy, and in high demand (at least by me, anyway;) ).
At the same time there are bumpers out there for sale that I swear I could bend over my knee. Now isn't THAT a liability issue? In the end its all up to you of course.:D

oasis
August 1st 2003, 14:34
Disclaimer: I am not speaking for Carbon Joe, and any similarities with this post relating to anyone else, factual or fictional, are purely coincidental.

Many times liability issues can vary from state to state, and depending on whether the potential defendant is a private individual, an S corporation, or whatever. Furthermore, disclaimers and signed releases are nothing more than extra hurdles for a potential plaintiff -- not a preventative. Sometimes the risk can be further reduced with insurance, but then, the insurance also becomes an expense that needs to be factored.

Again: I don't know. And Carbon Joe's business is none of my business.

(I want carbon fiber bumpers eventually, too, by the way.)

-René