PDA

View Full Version : boxer autogruppe banner for show?

petevw
July 30th 2003, 11:20
i was thinking of making a banner for the great canadian bug show. i was a part of a club: VMC (volkswagen motorsport club) quite a while ago when the show was at eglinton and warden. we had set up our cars with a club banner and generated a lot of interest.

so i was thinking of a boxer autogruppe logo much like the ad banner at the top right of this forum, and the germanlook.com logo found at the top left. probably the www.------- stuff for these two sites also at the bottom.

in the next couple of days i will be going to a few sticker/sign shops and hearing what these guys think is the best way of doing this.

what do you guys think?

later,
pete

btljus
July 30th 2003, 12:07
Sounds like a good idea, what about the cost?

petevw
July 30th 2003, 12:14
don't know yet Pete,

i will look into it this week.

CLKWRK
July 30th 2003, 15:10
Hey
If you need any help with the art part of it all, I am at your disposal
Bry

petevw
July 30th 2003, 15:15
im going to show these guys this web page. the logo and banner at the top, and see what they say. since i know nothing about this graphic stuff, send my the pics/stuff that will make things easier.

email me:
pete_91@yahoo.com

Sandeep
July 30th 2003, 15:38
Great idea Pete !

If you have a price, we can all chip in ?

I'll be running in the autocross so maybe I can fly the banner !

Let me know if you need anything.

Sandeep

Rob
July 30th 2003, 21:12
Sounds pretty good !

I'll take one.

Unfortunately I won't be able to drive my Bug, although I did find a shop that can put oversized dowels in the flywheel/crank without taking the engine apart :cool:

Rob.

petevw
July 31st 2003, 10:15
talk to a guy, http://www.streamlinegraphics.ca/ and he suggested that instead of him cutting all the colours out of vinyl and putting it together, we should get a digital print onto vinyl them stick it on the banner. he says it would look way better.

so, i need the 2 logo's in a larger clear format.
Alex, Bryan, could you guys send me these? i guess the bigger the better.

later,
pete

Sandeep
July 31st 2003, 11:04
Pete,

Sounds cool. Unforunately, the GL.com logo is only available in the size you see on the site. That is the size that I asked the logo to be created for. Sorry.

I'll see if I can find a a larger version though.

Sandeep

CLKWRK
July 31st 2003, 11:21
Pete,
Youve got mail ;)
Bry

petevw
July 31st 2003, 14:50
Originally posted by Sandeep
Pete,

Sounds cool. Unforunately, the GL.com logo is only available in the size you see on the site. That is the size that I asked the logo to be created for. Sorry.

I'll see if I can find a a larger version though.

Sandeep

do you have a hi res pic of the germanlook logo?

just a sec....do i have permission from you and Alex to do this? i remember a while ago the copywrite issues that were brought up about items on this site.

Sandeep
July 31st 2003, 15:35
Ofcourse you have permission ! :D All ya gotta do is ask !:D

Sandeep

Alex
July 31st 2003, 20:10
We might have to look into getting a new logo done for GL.com. Not sure if we ever get a bigger logo and I need it anyways for T-shirts that I want to get made.

Bryan...how about making a killer logo for us?

Alex

CLKWRK
August 1st 2003, 00:10
hello,
Sure, I can do that, email me some more specific info on concept, what you want it to look like, what you would like to use it for, stickers, banners etc.
Bry

zen
August 1st 2003, 15:54
let me know where you guys get your banner done. we have been planning the same thing for the VKG for a November show (when we hope to have some more cars done), but haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

petevw
August 2nd 2003, 17:19
here's what im talking about:

petevw
August 2nd 2003, 17:26
i feel the great canadian bugshow will be a important venue for us to promote "Boxer Autogruppe". show who we are, what we do. this be the best opportunity to increase our members. mind you, we have done alright with the word of mouth proccess, this site, and involving friends.
ohhh.....Alex is your pan done? could it possibly make a appearance? :D

pete

Alex
August 2nd 2003, 17:35
:hehehe: :hehehe: :hehehe:

It would be nice but I do not think so.

Alex

Sandeep
August 2nd 2003, 20:13
Aww . C'mon Alex .... you can tow it behind the echo !

Seriously though .. if its a matter of transporting it, maybe we could arrange a trailer ?

We can discuss at the meeting if this is an option. :)

Sandeep

Rob
August 3rd 2003, 09:52
I think it is a great idea !

It shows a project car, which I think is always interesting.
A lot of people don't appreciate the effort and time that went (goes) into these cars when they only see the end product.

Rob.

Sandeep
August 3rd 2003, 10:23
You really have to see Alex's pan ... its a showcase of every serious mod you could make to one .. Alu trailing arms, Berg 5 speed in Autocraft case, DTM-style shifter, Coilover suspension, Porsche Big Reds ... very impressive.

If you didn't know he was building a streetcar, you would think he was building a pan-based racecar.

I'm sure that pan is worth more than some cars on the street ... would definately be a show-stopper at the show !

Sandeep

zen
August 7th 2003, 18:05
have you guys figured out the "right" size for a club banner? thinking of doing one for our big show coming up.

vujade
August 7th 2003, 22:54
zen, maybe 6' or 8' long x 2' high?

CLKWRK
August 8th 2003, 09:47
Pete,
if you need the banner done, please tell me the specs ASAP
I am crazy busy getting the ghia running for the show
BRY

PS, Alex, I have a trailer if you need one;)

Sandeep
August 8th 2003, 11:15
I know where his pan is ... we just need to distract him for a couple of hours ... :D :D

Sandeep