PDA

View Full Version : She's Alive!!

BWE
August 1st 2003, 21:14
Hey Everyone!
The engine is in and I drove the car around the yard tonight!! I know a couple of hundred feet isn't much but after a year and a half of engine building, and chassis (sp?) rebuilding, it was AWESOME! :D No real problems yet other than my parking lights only come on sometimes and the #3/4 cylinder bank is running a little rich... Tweeking is all it needs! Anyways I hope to get some more work done over the weekend. Maybe I will be able to drive it to the next meeting after all! :)
Cheers!
Dave

Vincent
August 1st 2003, 23:47
Congrats!!! I bet that is an awesome feeling after all that time!

Rob
August 2nd 2003, 09:01
Way to go Dave !

I hope you can bring it to the meet.

Rob.

Sandeep
August 2nd 2003, 14:49
Another Type4 powered beast on the road !

Congrats.

Sandeep

petevw
August 2nd 2003, 14:52
great to hear:)

hope to see you in the 5th.

pete

BWE
August 17th 2003, 23:19
Well, drove the car for the first time on the roads today (long story, had all the electrical pack up all at once the day before the Great Canadian Bug Show). Engine is VERY strong even with a sticky carb on one side. The biggest problem is keeping the car going in a straight line (between 30-50 km/h). I think that the alignment must be off, even though I did a quick job with a tape measure, etc.
What are the settings everyone is using for camber/caster? Rob did you ever get a lead on a good local alignment shop?
Cheers everyone!
Dave

Rob
August 18th 2003, 07:53
Dave,

Didn't get a real good lead, most guys said that any alignmentshop should be able to do it.

I had my first one done at the local hack shop, I still need to have it redone after I installed the dropped spindles, but it's kinda hard to get it to the shop without an engine ;-)

Rob.

CLKWRK
August 18th 2003, 12:17
Hey pete,
whats on the 5th?
can I come?
:D

petevw
August 19th 2003, 02:04
Originally posted by CLKWRK
Hey pete,
whats on the 5th?