PDA

View Full Version : caliper color

zen
August 7th 2003, 18:13
just for the hell of it i thought i would throw this out for opinions. make your vote.

here is what my car should roughly (headlight rings and grills will be body color and i will actually have a front apron and hood tip :D) look like when done...

http://www.volksport.net/images/snaps/snap640zen.jpg

i had planned on yellow calipers. i love the look of silver and yellow, plus my interior is black with yellow momo logos around. i have a red FAT shroud. now i will be switching brakes to 951 all the way around.

so here is the question. yellow calipers or the old stand-by of red?

Shad Laws
August 7th 2003, 19:09
Hello-

Purdy car :-).

i had planned on yellow calipers. i love the look of silver and yellow, plus my interior is black with yellow momo logos around. i have a red FAT shroud. now i will be switching brakes to 951 all the way around.

If it were me, I'd make the shroud yellow. One uniform accent color, IMHO, makes for a nicer look. Just my opinion, though...

Of course, I'm biased. My silver car has an engine accent color, an interior, and calipers that are all blue. :-).

Silver plus yellow looks nice... and is atypical. That's good :-).

Make sure you get the good epoxy stuff you mix together and paint on... nothing else will stick.

Take care,

zen
August 7th 2003, 19:27
Originally posted by Shad Laws
Hello-

Purdy car :-).

thanks. that is just a digital mock up based on another car, but it is nice to fit things virtually to see how you will like it before commiting. that is how i ended up with a ragtop. :D

If it were me, I'd make the shroud yellow. One uniform accent color, IMHO, makes for a nicer look. Just my opinion, though...

Thinking of that too. it is already mounted and really didn't want to have to go throught the body work, but i may just do that. of course it matches the Mallory in red now though. hmmm. even though about painting the inside of the shroud yellow and leave the outside red. not a big fan of those colors right next to each other, but MOMO does it well. most of my MOMO stuff is yellow only.

bc1303s
August 8th 2003, 02:36
chop top i'm know one but i don't like that too much but red wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HOPE CAR WAS CHOPPED LONG AGOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vujade
August 8th 2003, 08:01
I voted for yellow.
Only because it will be different from the norm that everyone else will have.

Sandeep
August 8th 2003, 09:40
Yellow would look great on your car ... paint the shroud if you can.

My car is yellow with red calipers and red shroud, but black interior with yellow steering wheel ...

Sandeep

bc1303s
August 9th 2003, 02:49
Glass front end yea ? Nice cool (don't cut'em) NICE car be different any color will look good How bout gold?????? MENTALLY ILL

zen
August 9th 2003, 09:27
Originally posted by bc1303s
Glass front end yea ? Nice cool (don't cut'em) NICE car be different any color will look good How bout gold?????? MENTALLY ILL

thanks for the compliments. it is not a glass front end. the fenders are glass though. that is just a digital mockup of the car and the original pic had a bumper. it is a pain to try and reconstruct the curves of the hood behind where the bumper was with nothing to borrow the right curves from. i got far enough to see what i needed to see. just haven't been able to get the headlights body color either. i will have the real thing back soon.

i will have to pass on the gold. not looking to go pimpin'. :D

Shad Laws
August 9th 2003, 10:53
Hello-

Dayum, foo. Dat's a mistake, yo. Git it gold, and put on dem pink frills. All the hoes'll be runnin!

zen
August 9th 2003, 12:19
lol :D :silly:

NO_H2O
August 9th 2003, 18:52
Originally posted by Shad Laws
Hello-

Dayum, foo. Dat's a mistake, yo. Git it gold, and put on dem pink frills. All the hoes'll be runnin!

Gold wood be phat wit a set of spinnin dubs yo. WORD

ShApE
August 13th 2003, 22:25
this is big pimpin! http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid74/p6aaee1c2f2b8ec7a57a342d73f6b9e13/fb64bec0.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid74/p28077ad0615860289a68c2fad52d7e41/fb64bec8.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid74/p553274509a7a3b0161d08b70dfe12e3c/fb64becc.jpg

why not do black calipers?

TitoRay
August 15th 2003, 01:09
All I can say is, "Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!"
That picture may have ruined my day.:D

On the subject, the yellow in the mock-up looks really good. But I can imagine red on silver looking just as great. I think it will come down to a matter of preference, either way its gonna look nice!

ShApE
August 15th 2003, 01:12
every time i see those pictures i start laughing.it has to be one of the ugliest cars ever.

i still say black. it would make it look "stealthier". plus (no offense) but me and my friend noticed just about every rice burner has yellow accents.but do what u want im not saying that if you do yellow you'll be a ricer.

ShApE
August 15th 2003, 01:19
oh and another idea brembo is coming out with carbon fiber calipers.(i think, it could be rotors).but anyways that would also be kool.

zen
August 15th 2003, 06:27
thanks for the advise and opinions all. can't say i am still pulled one way or the other. thinking i will do yellow, but don't want to paint my shroud only from a durability standpoint. i think it would look great yellow, but...

also, if i do yellow, i am not talking "yelllllow", but more blood/speed yellow which is a richer, orangier yellow. decisions, decisions.

god that purple car is FUGLY!

TitoRay
August 17th 2003, 18:02
I say if if you have genuine Porche brakes all around, paint em' any color you want. I don't think anybody will be able to argue against their function.