PDA

View Full Version : Good News!

ShApE
August 21st 2003, 23:43
if my dad will budge (good chance) i might be able to make it to bug jam. then i can meet all u guys and give u the money to join VKG, that is if u guys will let me in. if not i'll still be psyked (spelling?) to meet u guys. and see a gl bug in person!

vujade
August 22nd 2003, 10:46
thats great news Shape!

You really need to make it. Youve never been to a show like Bug Jam. Its the second largest VW Show in the country. Not only that it may be the alst year it is going to happen :(

This year will be especially cool, because we can all park together as a club and not have to be seperated into our respective groups.

Make sure you come up for the whole weekend because there is a VW Bus Show on Saturday & Bug Jam on Sunday.

ShApE
August 22nd 2003, 17:29
yah, i sure hope i can come, ive been wanting to go to a vw show for a long time and been wanting to see a GL bug in person also.

vujade
August 22nd 2003, 18:27
I hear this year is going to be extra special too being it may be the last year they are going to have Joe Vittone (the founder of the original Empi in the 1960s) as the grand marshall of the show.

NO_H2O
August 22nd 2003, 19:43
Should be a great show. I'm all geeked-up for it.:D We should have a nice line-up for it.

TitoRay
August 23rd 2003, 23:23
You guys better take tons of pics! To see a fine collection German Lookers in one place representin' is gonna be awesome!:D
I might just run down there all the way from up here in the Northwest!;)
I have a feeling you guys are gonna make the Germanlook take off and take off hard!
You won't go unnoticed!

NO_H2O
August 24th 2003, 08:02
Let's hope it will cause a stir. I have been at shows and get a lot of looks from the people at the shows, 3 or more of us lined up together should make some real noise. :D

vujade
August 24th 2003, 09:05
For the most part, whenever you see a pic of a GL at a show in the mags it is all by itself. I have to agree with Dave that it should cause a stir. We wont go unnoticed!

That would be great if you could make it Tito :)

TitoRay
August 24th 2003, 17:41
If I ever get my T4 built and running, I will make the 3000+ mile drive someday and maybe be an honorary VKG member for a day. You can never have too many GL's!:D
But as far as this show, I would literally have to run to get there, lol!;)

NO_H2O
August 24th 2003, 18:04
That would be hard on the feet, but it might be worth it to be at the last Fla. Bug Jam. There should be some mag. coverage at the Jam, maybe we could get a gruppe shot in a mag to help the GL cause. Even if we don't, one thing is for sure, we will have a great time finaly having some GL cars(and Busses) and people together.:D

Stuff a T-1 in it(if you got one) and run it on down, I am running a little 1641 in mine untill I get my big engine done(just had to get it on the road).

TitoRay
August 25th 2003, 01:03
Oh, I got a type 1. A mediocre 1776, but I don't think I trust it for that long of drive....
Ahhh, in the beginning I was just joking but now I REALLY want o go. I do need a vacation, and Florida is quite nice....hmmm, the last Bug Jam, Joe Vittone, magazine pictures, hmmm. This is suddenly becoming an option!:silly:
Better start saving my dough. I got a couple of months along with my 21st B-Day in September...what to do what to do.
Ah, what I am doing imposing on your thread Shape?!;)
Lets all hope you can get there!:D

ShApE
August 25th 2003, 17:55
hey its good news for anyone that can make it!

Pillow
August 26th 2003, 00:28
I am getting pretty pumped up myself! :)

vujade
August 26th 2003, 10:41
I'm really pumped! :silly: