PDA

View Full Version : MY 1303 w/ 17's

Phat73VW
August 26th 2002, 04:54
i just wanted to show you all my car with 17x7 FOCAL R3's utilizing TOPLINES MAXX struts and CSP's 4x100 rotors and drums. if ya have any questions feel free to ask. i really love the NEW GL forums. they are so busy now. ITS GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://members.aol.com/phat73vw/myhomepage/sb2.jpg

TitoRay
August 30th 2002, 16:19
Your car looks amazing! Excellent wheel choice! I just had my '72 SB lowered 2 inches in the front using the Maxx Struts. I was just wondering if you have any problems with tire rubbing or related with that size wheel and tire. I plan on going in that direction soon. Also, what is the offset on those wheels?

hot66
August 30th 2002, 16:40
looking real good :D

NYBugman1972
August 30th 2002, 22:17
I'll answer for Brian.

Brian is running a 205-40-17 tire on a 7" wide wheel, ET40. NO rubbing. NO spacers.

Superman
August 30th 2002, 23:20
Just FYI:

The Topline test car, Sandy's (from VWTrends) 1302 has MaXX struts, 17x7.5 ET52 Porsche wheels, Topline discs, and a small spacer with no rubbing.

The car can be seen on their website under the "Hot & New" link.

www.toplineparts.com

WipEout
September 24th 2002, 05:53
I have Topline's MaXX's on my car, 2in drop, 17x7 Katana wheels with ET40, AND Topline's front disc kit, and NO Spacers. I've had no problems with rubbing whatsoever! And on a side note, I took a right turn at around 40mph the other night to pass a ricer that was "toying" with me before the turn. He turned first, and I turned behind him, took him on the outside, and burned him down the street. He never caught me again! That might have sounded like a stupid thing for me to do, but my whole suspension system is updated, with the CSP kaefer brace, and topline's MaXXes to keep the car level in the turns. Needless to say, the car stayed level and the tires stayed completely on the ground the whole time! I love my 1302!

DAVID MANN

cre8iv1
September 24th 2002, 13:47
that sounds awesome wipeout!!!

I have a 1302 vert, that I am working on, will be adding maxx struts, discs and 17x7 wheels up front and 18x8.5 in the rear...

can't wait to have my own fun with some ricers.

what type of engine are you running?

see ya,
Brett

WipEout
October 1st 2002, 17:22
I'm running a 2056cc T-4 with Oregon Performance DTM shroud, BAS Ahnendorp exhaust, with a Supertrapp at the end. I'm gonna start stripping the car down for bodywork this weekend or next, so I'll try to get some pictures before she looks worse than she already does ;) . So far, it seems like the car runs around 16s or 17s in the 1/4, but I've yet to finish "fine-tuning" it and running it on the track. I only beat a '67 289 Mustang, and almost tied with a high-16sec Chevy truck on the street. Oh yeah, I kept up with a 98 Mustang GT, but he barely beat me out only because the car was regeared with a couple minor extras under the hood. My next idea for the engine is to turbocharge, but that's WAAAAYY too much money for me right now... I've put off school long enough for this damn car... :)

DAVID MANN