PDA

View Full Version : How come it takes forever...

Pillow
August 26th 2003, 00:35
To get parts in the mail!!!

Okay I am being a little impatient, but still anytime I order a VW part it feels like an eternity before it arrives. Although in reality it is just a few days :)

I ordered the 944 rear bearings from Pelican for the 944 IRS arms so shortly they should be ready for install. I do not care if it costs a little more as you get real German parts, especially important on a load item such as bearings. Finally getting the Thing output shafts was a stroke of luck to pull it all together. The last parts are from Rocky Mountain and are the urethane bushings, not a rush here though as I need to assemble the arms first.

There is my update!

Also working on a stroker T1, but not really sure when it will be ready. Worst case for Tampa I imagine. Part of it will just be hooking up with Jake on some work for it as he is really slammed these days.

GLF!,

NO_H2O
August 26th 2003, 07:52
Yes I know the feeling, when you order parts from Cal. it seems like forever before they get to you. My big engine is on hold for a while, need carbs, cam, machine work and bearings. But my nephew needs surgury on both feet $$$(we have gaurdianship of him(his dad is a Looser)).

vujade
August 26th 2003, 10:38
one thing I do now too, is to make sure to ask them if the parts are in stock. I know that I hate paying for priority shipping only to find out that they didnt have the parts in stock. Well why didnt they tell me that when I paid extra for shipping?

Supa Ninja
August 26th 2003, 10:48
I don't know what your talking about, it took me only two business days to recieve my parts from Pelican.:p
I'd trade the shipping times for more GL's on the left coast any day.

Nick

Panelfantastic
August 26th 2003, 11:16
YES!! Work for months to get the extra money, then wait for weeks to get the parts!!!

Adrian, I just scored some 944 stubs on e-rape and 181 outputs from an STF member. I've also gotta have bearings, poly bushings, and some fresh axles. We are getting there! :D

Pillow
August 26th 2003, 22:22
All of it arrived today! :)

RMMW sent red bushings instead of blue :( I guess I can deal with it.

The Pelican rear IRS bearings arrived.
- Inners FAG made in India!
- Outers SKF made in USA :)
- Elring oil/grease seals made in Germany.

Kind of disappointed in the India junk :( Looks fine, but I hardly trust Indian metalurgy to last.

Should be making some baby steps this week at least!

Also ordered today a T1 heavy 5.5lb pulley from Latest Rage $40. Everyone that has one has reported good results with it and much cheaper than a Berg Equalizer. Now to get a DMS 12.5 Flywheel. And Berg carb linkage.

Panelfantastic
August 26th 2003, 22:58
If you want to try again for blue, I'll buy the red. Gotta have some anyway and my bus ain't that vain:p !