PDA

View Full Version : man i am so

ShApE
August 29th 2003, 23:44
bored....its friday night, i had to got to drivers ed and i missed my ride to the drag strip and parents went to friends house.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/pa1f6ad96d3d15b59121ec662efa84257/fb3db1c1.jpg

kdanie
August 31st 2003, 18:39
Got the Speed Channel?? That's all I need......
ken

Superman
August 31st 2003, 22:01
Lack of imagination or should I say the lack of using it. What I mean is when I was your age we had about 8 television channels, Atari Pac Mac, radio, deck of cards, and a phone. These things shortly became unentertaining and I (we) had to make up things or games or whatever to pass the time.

Now you kids (I use that term loosely) have SO many options but don't use them. So take your 400+ television channels, countless musical groups and radio stations, internet with webcam chats, N64, Sony PS, call waiting, etc., etc. etc. and use them. There is no reason to be bored with the internet, the never ending library!!!

If all else fails take your VCR or DVD and watch the (early) Star Wars another 500 times.

ShApE
August 31st 2003, 22:09
Originally posted by Superman
Lack of imagination or should I say the lack of using it. What I mean is when I was your age we had about 8 television channels, Atari Pac Mac, radio, deck of cards, and a phone. These things shortly became unentertaining and I (we) had to make up things or games or whatever to pass the time.

Now you kids (I use that term loosely) have SO many options but don't use them. So take your 400+ television channels, countless musical groups and radio stations, internet with webcam chats, N64, Sony PS, call waiting, etc., etc. etc. and use them. There is no reason to be bored with the internet, the never ending library!!!

If all else fails take your VCR or DVD and watch the (early) Star Wars another 500 times.

lemme guess, back in ur day u had to walk 15 miles in the snow just to see a television machine :D

Superman
August 31st 2003, 22:37
Naw, that was the generation before me, I'm only 16 years older than you. Besides, I'm in deep south Louisiana... it doesn't snow here.

;) :cool:

kdanie
August 31st 2003, 23:51
HA.... I went to high school in the early '70s, in the north Idaho mountains, about 50 miles from Canada. We had 3 tv channels, 1 local radio station (country....ugh..). I had to walk 5 miles UPHILL, both ways in the snow to get to school.... Naw, I drove my '55 chev sedan delivery, my '64 SS chevelle or my '66 GTO: depending on what year of high school. The radio thing really sucked though.... until I bought that 8-track tape player and some bootleg tapes!
ken