PDA

View Full Version : Back in the Hizzy.

yetibone
September 7th 2003, 22:22
Sue and I returned to Carpenter NC at 9:45. Hummbug kept the other 3.5 quarts in the crankcase. "Dellorto Drip" got a little worse, I think. Both of us are beat, but MAN, WE HAD A BLAST!!!

Thanks for everything. We were really glad to finally meet all of you, and party and hang out.

Sux I gotta work tomorrow.:(

Yetibone

zen
September 8th 2003, 07:08
truly enjoyed it myself. i was hurting when i got home and i am sure i beat all of you home. i was crashed by 8:00 or so. but did drag my butt into work today.

deal of the day goes to no_h20!!!!!!!!! i did get most of my parts list though and made a little cash back.

jhelgesen
September 8th 2003, 10:09
Guys, I had a ball.

Yeti, thanks for cooking! Great Brats!

Next year, we'll have some cars there, should be scarey.

Did I see somewhere we were working our plans for next year, events?

I vote for Hershey PA and the porsche club swapmeet and autocross in April.

NO_H2O
September 8th 2003, 10:20
Once again I had a blast at Toccoa, and it was once again the best swap meet I have attended(even if the AL kid stiffed me on the trans.) The score on the 45 Dells alone was worth the trip. Pillow was right when he said he had a good felling about carbs for me being at Toccoa. I didn't think I would have the $$$.
I must apologize for getting up late and missing the setup of the swap area. It was 4 am when I last looked at my watch, wishing the dude in the tent across from me would stop the grizzly snoring. The next thing I knew it was light out and someone fired up an engine. I don't know if I had a beer or two too may or not enough to get to sleep with the grizzly across the way. But when I got up the swap area was up and running and Yetibone was washing the car. Oopps.
It was great to put some faces with names and hang out with everyone. We must do this more often. I hope everyone had as good a time as I had. Wish I had taken more pix. I will e-mail what I have to Zen for the site.

NO_H2O
September 8th 2003, 10:27
Well I missed this post and started another.:silly:
I had a great time. Glad you guys took up my slack in the morning setting up the swap area, I got up a little late. I had a blast and can't wait to do it again.

vujade
September 8th 2003, 11:01
well guys I finally maid it home after 1am :eek:

I was beat. I had to stop on the sideof the road to sleep a bit.
But I sure had a blast with you guys!
It was nice to finally know who I am talking to all the time.
Cant wait for the Jam. It should be a blast too!

Cant say that I got any killer deals, but I did get a few things I needed.

vujade
September 8th 2003, 11:22
Dave, it was cool finally meeting you & the rest of the guys.
Your car is the shiznit!

If you liked Toccoa's swap, you'll be blown away by Bug Jam's :D
CYA at the Jam :D

NO_H2O
September 8th 2003, 13:31
Thanks for the kind words for my car Joe, I'm sure that Bug Jam's swap will be great. I can't wait for the Jam. I still hold the Taccoa swap meet in high regaurd because I have found just what I need at a price that I can't beet. Last year was my mirrors for $20(in the boxes) and my interior for $75(complete). This year it was the 45 Dellorto setup complete with rebuild kits for $200 and the oil coolers I got from Pillow where a great deal too. I should have grabed the type 4 oil cooler he had also.

NO_H2O
September 8th 2003, 13:34
I was just going thru the pix I took at Bug Fair. I did not take enough pix, I failed to get Tony Rivers in any pix. I should have put down my beer and got some pix from Sat. night. Shame on me.

Massive Type IV
September 8th 2003, 17:11
Show was a blast!! I cannot believe that I was able to refire that engine on all 4 cylinders and scatter a rod!!! WILD!
Nice meeting those that I sponsor!

NO_H2O
September 8th 2003, 19:06
It's great to have a sponsor like you Jake, thanks for having us park in your area. A cutting edge sponsor for a cutting edge club.
Here is a great pic of the FIRST blow. That blind man's engine was a tough one.:D

NO_H2O
September 8th 2003, 19:25
VKG at Bug Fair 6

NO_H2O
September 8th 2003, 19:26
another