PDA

View Full Version : Copyright???

Eurolook71
September 27th 2003, 23:56
Why is it that when I want to save a picture to my HD, it says copyright, etc, etc, etc???

Are these pictures really COPYRIGHTED by this website????
All those pictures where found somewhere off the net, you guys here just compiled them...thanks, I really do appreciate it, but I wanna save some of those pics. I wanna make a slideshow screen saver, for personal use, if I might add. Can we do away with this copyright thing....please.

Alex
September 28th 2003, 00:26
Sorry but we can not.

All pictures were either taken by me or other forum members or donated by people that took them.
Tuners gave us pictures of their parts exclusively to support GL.com.
I call and email around the world to get material.
Only 2 or 3 videos are from other sites and were posted here after we got the okay from the owner.

To give you an example.....Franklin's VWs sent us some pictures with their watermark and borders removed which will be posted shortly. They did that on my request because we do not have watermarks and borders on any of our pics in our galleries to get the best picture for our members.

So...NO....our site is not just a collection of pictures from the net.
This is the reason why we have the copyright.
Otherwise why should I go thru all the work to get pictures of rare parts or new products.

So I am sorry that I can not help you. Maybe it would be something for the future that we can make screensavers from pictures with watermarks and have them as downloads.

Alex

Eurolook71
September 29th 2003, 22:37
oh. Ok, I understand.

I like you your sceensaver idea.