PDA

View Full Version : please help me decide on a price

kenfyoozed
October 1st 2003, 23:41
ok i finally finished with the insurance company and we are going to settle. now to sell off all my parts to help supply money to buy a new ride. so please help me decide wether my asking prices are to steep?

fist up...

1973 std beetle. wrecked on passengers side from door back. engine does not run , but all there. and tranny snaped in half. rest of car is complete. im thinking of asking 350.00. is this to much?

1971 super beetle parts car. good tranny as told by previous owner. no engine. good sheet metal and glass. pans rusty gone. asking 100.00, as the tranny is good. is this to much?

1600cc dual port engine with less than 10000 miles since the rebuild, also by previous owner. engine runs damn good. asking 350.00 is this to much?

all together it is a complete car and only 800.00 dollars. is this to much. its all there you just have to put it together. i would keep it ad do it my self, but i was hurt in the accident and my bac cant take much wrenching until it heals.

so please help me if you think this is a good deal or just to much?

im located in south alabama if anyoneis interested.

neil
kenfyoozed387@cs.com

zen
October 2nd 2003, 07:35
neal,

be sure to post the final sale prices on STF and send Kathy Jacobs the info also if you are a member of SEVWC. she can help get the word out.

as to your questions/prices. i don't think you can get much of anything for the wrecked car. there are too many other options out there on standards and few want any standard above '66. but if you have time, it doesn't hurt to ask. i would go $200 though.

on the '71, i would go with that price to see what you can get. you may be better off selling the tranny alone and junking the car. take the tax write off from a charity pick-up business.

probably a fair price on the engine.