PDA

View Full Version : cf tape?

kenfyoozed
October 3rd 2003, 17:55
has anyone seen this tape that looks like carbon fiber? i hope i dont offend anyone by asking this. but has ayone used it? i saw it in a sport compact car mag. its something like the tape one would use for making decals on a printer at a tint shop. it comes on a roll or something, it looks like. its about 30x30 inches. looks really plyable, so you could probally cover any small thing like the chrome turn signals, or small interior pieces or even stripping on the car.

anyone know what im talking about?

neil

zen
October 4th 2003, 10:35
yes, i got a roll in a deal with some rims. the guy does signing stuff (has now become an aquaintance and does VKG stuff for us). it is not bad, not great. i used some on my speaker kick panels. have yet to see how it is going to look when it is sitting right next to real c/f.

just depends what you to use it for. in small quantities it can look good. if you want to talk with this guy (really a great guy), his name is Terry Fretwell at EuroPDR (www.europdr.com). as a matter of fact, just went to his site and he has pics of that tape up there and pics of my speaker panels. will give you a good idea of what it is like. tell him i sent you and that you are a VKG member (or will be :)).

Steve C
October 9th 2003, 19:20
Hi

Used some on my glovebox lid and around my guages. I bought it at a signwriters supply place

Steve C

http://www.clubvw.org.au/images/scaero_interior.jpg