PDA

View Full Version : wanting to join

kenfyoozed
October 3rd 2003, 18:18
ok after searching for i while i found your site and want my beetle to conform to the gl look. it seems to bring an aging car into the future. but as i was reading the requirments, all of which i want to do . i notice under wheels that no stock vw wheels are allowed.

does this include stock new vw wheels as the longbeach jetta wheels? i think these look sweet and still have the vw logo for a new age stock appearence.

so what gives?

neil

NO_H2O
October 3rd 2003, 19:12
The stock wheel rule is for the stock 15 inch old school VW wheels, you know, hubcaps on chromies, empi's and stuff. We are looking for German Look not Cal Look. We have plenty of members that have cars in the planning and building stages, so don't worry about how much you have done or have left to do. I think some of the new VW wheel's look cool, they have a real sweet 17 inch that has a performance look.
Just go to the site and jump on in, we may talk a little smack but we do not bite.:D

vujade
October 4th 2003, 10:00
welcome to the club, we'd be glad to have you :)

that no stock VW wheel rule should read no stock aircooled VW wheel.

zen
October 4th 2003, 10:25
i will clarify that on the site. good point. neil, go to the vkg site (http://www.volksport.net) and hit the "join us" link. instructions are there.

gee, now i might have to extend the members page.

kenfyoozed
November 12th 2003, 18:38
another question for you guys, wheels must be 16-18 inch. for now i have new jetta 15 inch 5 spokes. and i have drums at all four corners. which the site states i need at least front disc. i do plan to do all these things in due time. big wheels, big brakes, and big engines, and a lot of big ideas.

so anyway, i filled out the form, sent my payment, i checked the box as i am in the planning stage for my german looker. the big transformation will come later. now it will be , i guess a baby german looker. just going for the look now, with function to follow later.

so i hope im still invited to join, and kicked out this soon. ha ha. and if i am allowed in, will i be the only one in alabama? im sure im the only one in south alabama? so whos close to me?

neil

NO_H2O
November 12th 2003, 19:58
You can't do everything at one time, I know. I still have an engine to build and a 901 to put in. Lack of $$$ and time are holding me up.
It is the quality of the end product that is important. It's all about the overall performance/handling/braking increase as well as the look. We would just like to see a good total package in the end.

kenfyoozed
November 12th 2003, 23:27
well fellas, the water looks nice , im coming in!!!

neil

vujade
November 13th 2003, 10:07
Neil, right now you will be the only one in Alabama.
I believe Dale Shepperson, a member who is currently in Japan will be returning to Alabama when he gets back to the USA.

WE have members in the following states:

5 Georgia
2 Florida
2 N. Carolina
1 S. Carolina
1 Tennessee
1 Japan (returning to Alabama)

So you see, the GL is strong in Georgia, now we need more members in the surrounding states :)

zen
November 17th 2003, 16:13
got all of your info and such. just shot you an email too. welcome aboard.

glad to have you in the VKG!!!!