PDA

View Full Version : VKG Meeting - Oct 8 @ 9pm est

vujade
October 6th 2003, 14:04
Next Virtual VKG meeting is this Wed at 9pm est.

This will be the last meeting before Bug Jam.

NO_H2O
October 6th 2003, 20:30
I'm back to work:rolleyes:

zen
October 6th 2003, 22:26
i will be there.

jhelgesen
October 6th 2003, 22:33
Dooh! I'll be on vacation. At least I'm over the pneumonia. :D

Have fun guys.

zen
October 6th 2003, 22:40
have fun. hurry back. looks like the house move is at least a couple of weeks off, so we should be on for the suspension weekend and then petite le mans.

Sheppsan
October 7th 2003, 04:56
It will be 10am over here in the land of the rising sun, so I will be on duty. Hope you guys have a great meeting. My car's been running pretty good since I got it on the road a couple of weeks ago. However, I do have a bit of an oil leak around the fuel pump. I'm thinking of switching over to a facet electric model. what do you guys think?

zen
October 7th 2003, 13:49
i just bought a rotary from CB after some recommendations. haven't run it though, so take it for what it is worth.

NO_H2O
October 7th 2003, 17:45
Yes, do a elec. fuel pump. That is on my list of things to do. I lost an engine to a fuel pump(mech.). it leaked fuel into the case and thinned the oil, it was very ugly and the tow bill was big.

zen
October 8th 2003, 21:21
don't know about anyone else, but i can not get into the chat. getting errors.

vujade
October 8th 2003, 21:24
its not working for me either..
we'll have to reschedule it for another nite :(

yetibone
October 8th 2003, 21:42
:mad: The chat room is screwed! I can't log on either.:befuddled

I was late anyway.

Yetibone

P.S.
Shep,
I'm using a Facet valve pump on Sue's GL. It works great, has plenty of fuel volume without alot of extra pressure. I still had to get a Holley 12-804 regulator to get the press. down to 2.5psi for the Dell DRLA's.

I mounted it up front and under the car, beside the fuel outlet on the tank because it's easier for a pump to push liquid than it is to pull liquid. It's out of the way of the idler arm and in a pretty protected spot from water and road funk. I had to drill a hole in the drain plug and cut some threads to screw into it a larger outlet for the fuel tank. The original 1/4 inch outlet was way too small.

Sheppsan
October 9th 2003, 05:04
Yeti...
Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to go with a Facet same as you. Hopefully, I'll be able to install it this weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out. Later, Shepp