PDA

View Full Version : 993 Turbo brake upgrade update !

Sandeep
August 31st 2002, 18:00
Hi All,

I've added some more specs to the 993 Turbo brake upgrade article.....Here is the update.....

This conversion increases your total width per side by 7/8" (22mm). The CB dropped spindles are 1/4" (6.35mm) wider over stock spindles so if you were to use stock ball joint spindles, the conversion would increase the total width per side by 5/8" (16mm).

With my 18 x 8.5 Cup 2's on the front, at full lock to the right, the inside of the tire rubs on the lower bottom trailing arm and full lock the other way, rubs on the lower inside fenderwell, close to the heater channel on the pan. I hope to take care of this by adjusting the steering stops. If that does not work than a little bit of clearencing with the grinder might be in order.

This is at the extremes of the steering lock so doing a U turn in traffic will not be a problem !

The distance from the outside edge of my stock fender to the outside of the tire is 1.5" (38.1 mm). Distance from inside rolled edge of stock fender to outside of tire is 2 1/8" (54 mm).

I'm using a 2" wider fender and the clearence is tight when I lower it. I might get a 2.5" wider fender for more clearence and if the wheel looks 'lost' under the fender, I can always install a small spacer.

Hope this helps anyone who is interested !

Sandeep