PDA

View Full Version : Good place for a...

vujade
November 1st 2003, 20:58
VKG Sticker.....:D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid86/p864334177c22524532cae4d669053934/faacb1e6.jpg

NO_H2O
November 2nd 2003, 13:21
Sweet. Is it on the road? We got Zen's engine in last night. Need to put the carb's and stuff back on it. Got the glass in too. I have to get some front tires mounted on mine and do some cleaning, adj. the valves and stuff.

vujade
November 2nd 2003, 14:01
it will be on the road by Tuesday.
I still have a few details to work out before the Jam.

Keep at it, we need everyones car to make it to Bug Jam.

NO_H2O
November 2nd 2003, 21:30
We might be working on it at the hotel Saterday. Make that will be working on it at the hotel. The hood is on now and the header is almost back on(2 more studs), Gas tank is in. I took my son back up there today to get the hood on(3 man job).

zen
November 4th 2003, 19:12
header still isn't on. spent probably an hour each of the past to night to the two little m(*$% f(*#% studs. and they are still not in. don't have the foggiest idea what BAS was thinking in making the tolerances that tight.

carbs are on and firewall clearanced, but can't figure out where to mount the acc. cable housing and kind find the linkage to tie it to the bellcrank linkage. that is holding up the shroud, fan, wiring, coil, CDI and decklid. which is all holding me up from dropping the back so i can get the front in the air, change shocks and drop the suspension which is holding up the front fender beading and the headlight wiring and install. which is holding up the final fender alignment so i can fit the c/f running boards. then there is the scrapers which i just can't seem to get the last little corner right which is holding up...nevermind.

get the picture. i am frustrated.

btw, great idea on the sticker location. will have that in mind. i like it.

NO_H2O
November 4th 2003, 21:11
Time for the Drill Srgt. Speach.

Are you going to let 2 bolts, a cable and a window scraper kick your @$$. If you can't get that bolt in, hit it with your purse. The only thing you can't do is strattel a mud puddel with a wheelbarrow. Now get back out there and get to work. When the going gets tough do the tough go get pizza. I don't think so. Man-UP, lets get cracking, 1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4. Head Up, 1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4. Stop that whining, 1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4.

There, did that help? If not I will try my Paul C. Tuddle (American Chopper) speach. :takethat: :D

NO_H2O
November 4th 2003, 21:20
I just talked to CaveMan on the phone(he had a Q about his 1302) and he said he would help work on the car at the hotel too. We need 3 cars under the Banner, the BK boys will have at least 4, maybe more if they put their wives cars out there.