PDA

View Full Version : Weekend progress

jhelgesen
November 17th 2003, 10:38
Still had warm weather here in NC, got plenty done this weekend.

Started work getting ready to close in and expand the carport. When it gets done, will be 24 x 30.

http://members.rennlist.com/screamin_yellow/shop1103.jpg

Ready to add exhaust and fuel injection on the 3.0. Need to have the pad poured in the shop soon, cause the car is stuck in the shop due to the excavation. :)

http://members.rennlist.com/screamin_yellow/block.jpg

My list of to-do's is getting shorter on the car.

NO_H2O
November 18th 2003, 19:35
I spent my days off moving all the wood shop stuff out of the wood shop (my black car has been parked in there and I can't use much) and move all the car parts, tool boxes out of the rooms next to the shop so I can set up the wood shop in the 2 rooms next door. 2 days and a trip to the dump (scap wood and junk not VW parts) and I'm still not done. Need to build a long bench top to incorp. the chop saw and radial arm saw with a back fence and run 240 volt outlets for the table saw, jointer, planer and radial arm saw. Lets not forget the cabinets for the hand and power tools. oh yea and lights,outlets(115 volt), air filter and air connections too.:silly:

boygenius
November 18th 2003, 20:05
I test fitted my suspension and installed my wheels to take some photos. It was the first time that my car has left the garage in more than a year.:silly: Now to remove it all and strip the chassis to prepare it for the POR-15 treatment.:D

Panelfantastic
November 18th 2003, 20:23
I spent the weekend sick as a dog.:(
But I did get out in the garage today and got a few things done like getting the vents welded in for my radiator. Now for hours and hours of bodywork:silly: ...putty is our friend:p
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/index.mv?photo+125143.jpg

NO_H2O
November 18th 2003, 21:11
RADIATOR
What are you putting in there. Looks like you need a big shoe-horn to get it all in. LOL

Nice sheet metal work, I have seen pix of the panel posted on thesamba.com. Please send some to Zen so we can have some on your member page at the VKG website.

Panelfantastic
November 18th 2003, 21:36
Ha Ha! I knew if anybody would pick up on that it would be YOU!
Yes, the GL panel is being seduced by the dark side!:D
I've got quite a few construction pics, I just need to get with Zen and see how to send them (file size/form etc.) so he can pick a couple out for my profile.
Been keeping this conversion kinda quiet on here cuz it voids my bus as being legit VKG material. I know water is allowed, but this is non-German powerplant. I'm stayin' in the club though, unless you guys form a lynch mob... everything else is GL all the way, but the opportunity on this engine set-up is WAY too sweet to pass up.

boygenius
November 18th 2003, 22:25
Let me geuss. A subaru WRX engine... Or a SVX flat six:confused: :silly:

Panelfantastic
November 18th 2003, 23:03
Ecotec w/turbo. Expected to make 350hp in street trim. I will be the R&D guinea pig for a good friend's developing sand buggy buisness.
Here's a pic at the recent Sandsports show. Still some dyno time to go and development of the finished product for bus use, which gives me time to get the stocker up and running and all my fit issues worked out.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/index.mv?photo+125151.jpg

bc1303s
November 19th 2003, 01:24
Wooooooooooow Thats COOOOOL!!!!!http://www.rallybugs.com/images/avatars/bcostanzo.gif

Massive Type IV
November 19th 2003, 02:19
John, Nice Cub Cadet in the background...I have 4 of them....looks like a 125, is it?

Thats my other hobby, old Tractors!

jhelgesen
November 19th 2003, 09:10
Originally posted by Massive Type IV
John, Nice Cub Cadet in the background...I have 4 of them....looks like a 125, is it?

Thats my other hobby, old Tractors!

LOL, you have time for a hobby?

Cub belongs to a good friend of mine, let me borrow it to move dirt. Not sure if its a 125, but I can look.

Concrete guy is coming tonight to start form work, I'll have the pad poured on Sat., Wooo hooo!

boygenius
November 19th 2003, 09:22
Panelfantastic, Thats one wicked looking engine. That should push your VW along pretty good.:D

Pillow
November 20th 2003, 23:19
Cool engine!

Granted I think BC's VW girl takes the cake! love it!

zen
November 21st 2003, 09:21
Originally posted by Panelfantastic
I've got quite a few construction pics, I just need to get with Zen and see how to send them (file size/form etc.) so he can pick a couple out for my profile.

640x480 jpegs and send them to zen@volksport.net.

Been keeping this conversion kinda quiet on here cuz it voids my bus as being legit VKG material. I know water is allowed, but this is non-German powerplant. I'm stayin' in the club though, unless you guys form a lynch mob... everything else is GL all the way, but the opportunity on this engine set-up is WAY too sweet to pass up.

lalalalalala...i can't hear you.

Panelfantastic
November 21st 2003, 15:03
Will get some pics sent this weekend!

...and that other thing is a dirty , vicious , rumour! I am GL all the way baby!:D