PDA

View Full Version : This IS it!!!

Eurolook71
September 5th 2002, 04:44
Finally, I found a bug that I absolutly LOVE!!

Don't get me wrong, porsche brakes, wheels, parts, etc are very sweet, but not the look I'm going for.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone here can provide some info about this look:

Where do I get these fenders state side (if at all possible), and about how wide do they look to you guys???

The wheels, (not the best angle, but...) these can't be 17s, and I'm really guessing only 15s, but I like the ''deep-dish'' look they have, I want some german wheels, some one throw me some Brand names....or at least some kind of wheel that has this dished look...its very...race inspiring

and finally the the size of the tires, the sidewalls arn't too low-pro (cant be any less than 45 I'm guessing), any Ideas...

I know these are very blatent questions, but I'm trying to get some info about this Kafer-cup Look....oh, and if anyone can direct me to some more pics like this, please do!!!

Thanks

vujade
September 5th 2002, 08:01
those fenders can be obtained from Hoffman Speedster (http://www.hoffmann-speedster.de/us/products.htm) or CSP (http://www.csp-shop.de/cgi-bin/shop2/shop_main.cgi?func=start&wkid=38128619711) out of Germany.

They come in different widths, but I believe in the picture that you posted, those are 4 cm (about 1.6") wider then stock

vujade
September 5th 2002, 08:03
BTW, I also love that look! :)

zen
September 5th 2002, 12:15
i have a set of ronal rs9's that are low offset like that. they are 16x7ET11 and 16x8ET23. i bought them for the low offset, because they were german, because they look really cool, and because they were freshly black powder coated. after all that, i changed my mind and went to boxster 17's. i have been holding them thinking i may one day want them for track days/autocross. and may still. BUT if you are interested, let me know and i will send some pics. also was planning on adding some lettering to the lip not only for looks, but to help visually separate the wheel and tire.

on the fenders, be sure to look for "widened outside", not inside. that is what causes the flair.

Eurolook71
September 5th 2002, 23:14
Thanks guys for all the info!!

I found the fenders at Hoffman-Speedster, exchange rate seems really fair right now, $215(US) fronts, and $280 for the rears, not bad, if ya ask me. I'll proably go with their running boards too.

NE ways, Zen do you think those are the offsets I want, to get the exact look as the pic?? I've been constantly told that a 16 (or 17) X 7 inch wheels need a 35-40ish ET for the front of a Super. I think I'm going to go with 7 inch wides on the front and the rear, I wanna get them on there without spacers, if possible. Oh, and I'll be using Toplines Maxx setup.

I found a wicked company that sells custom wheels, www.superlite-wheels.com

Don't know their prices yet, but they have some simple but pretty cool wheels, prefect for my application. They custom make them, size, width, offset, PCD, the Works!!! Even still, Zen go ahead and e-mail some pics of your wheels, I may be intrested.

Thanks again.

Superman
September 6th 2002, 02:35
The high offset is to fit the wheels under stock fenders but since you will have wide flared fenders it will be okay with a low offset. Take a look at some BBS wheels. The wheels in the pic, just a guess, are 15x7F and 15x9R.

Superman
September 6th 2002, 02:37
That picture came from www.kafer-cup.com which is no longer.
I use to be in contact with the webmaster and will try and find more info for you on that car.

super vw
September 7th 2002, 14:28
I think i remember seeing that car on netbugs.com or something like that.

Eurolook71
September 7th 2002, 20:21
Originally posted by Superman

That picture came from www.kafer-cup.com which is no longer.
I use to be in contact with the webmaster and will try and find more info for you on that car.

Thanks James, I would really appreciate that!!

Oh, another question that hit me today, that I was'nt sure how to answer. When you add that "kafer brace" sold my AC.NET and CSP, does this replace a traction bar, or is it replacing/adding a rear sway bar. Meaning, would I have all the 3 components on there (sway, traction and the brace)...or what?? Thanks.

Again, for everyone else, thats for your replys!!

I'm glad to see this site up and running the way it is, it has really taken off. goes to show, This look is really becoming a favorite.

Fweem-on!!!! :P :P

Steve Arndt
September 9th 2002, 12:21
Originally posted by Eurolook71

Thanks James, I would really appreciate that!!
CSP, does this replace a traction bar, or is it replacing/adding a rear sway bar. Meaning, would I have all the 3 components on there (sway, traction and the brace)...or what?? Thanks.

Fweem-on!!!! :P :P

The brace replaces the rear engine hanger (AKA Traction Bar).