hi ive just purchased some porsche 911 leather electric seats
i think there 80's ones.

theres just two buttons on each seat with arrows facing up and down

plus u can manualy recline the seat by lever

heres a pic does any1 know wether there heated
http://muchos.co.uk/members/ja66/102_0217.JPG

boygenius
November 23rd 2003, 18:27
Welcome to the forums. About your seats I'm not certain if they are heated. You can check www.pelicanparts.com they have a technical section for 911's and a year by year options list. Hope this helps:D

jellyinthatrunk
November 23rd 2003, 18:32
cheers

still cant find no info
:doh:

njv
November 23rd 2003, 18:55
hi
they are the height controls under the seat will be two motors if you conect 12 v to the pin block were a connector normally goes then press the button the seat should raise or lower . i have a set in black in my celler at the moment.

super vw
November 24th 2003, 01:58
my 911 seats are motorized to, they came out of a 85 carerra. they have 4 pins on the plug (two for ground and two for power). it sounds like yours are only motorized aswell, not heated... but could be wrong.

jellyinthatrunk
November 27th 2003, 18:27
so whats the other switch for

if ive one with an up and down arrow what does the second button do

njv
November 27th 2003, 18:35
hi
front up-down rear up-down !

jellyinthatrunk
November 27th 2003, 18:42
back part of the seat?

jellyinthatrunk
November 27th 2003, 18:43
any recomended sites where i can get info

the one above is useless

cheers

ja:)

njv
November 27th 2003, 19:21
hi
one switch makes the front part of the seat base go up and down the other makes the rear part of the seat base go up and down so you can have your seat at a rearward tilt if you got long legs mayby or if your a bit of a short arse like me raked forward .

jellyinthatrunk
November 27th 2003, 19:28
i get it now:o

takes us britts a while to catch on:silly:

boygenius
November 27th 2003, 19:43
How well do they fit in your car? Do you have to squeeze them into the car. Are they any wider than the stock VW seats.:)

njv
November 28th 2003, 12:12
hi
yea agree with the british thing it takes me ages sometimes:silly: as to how these seats fit well! i dont know im recovering the centre part of the sqab and the backrest red to match my car(if my sowing skills are up to it) so there in my celler at the moment!!!

i can tell you that i have seen picies in various magazines with porsch seats fitted in kaefers and karmanns but i have not seen them fitted in a squareback they should fit. measure twice cut once and all that.

jellyinthatrunk
November 28th 2003, 21:37
fit luurveley:D :D :toilet:

boygenius
November 28th 2003, 22:04
Cool. Thanks a bunch.:D :D :D

jellyinthatrunk
November 30th 2003, 18:07
how do i wire them in??

super vw
November 30th 2003, 22:17
well, all the seats need is a 12v positive and negative (ground) so you could find the stock porsche plug and wire it in from there, or just figure out whats the hot lead and whats the ground (should be two of both, one for front and one for rear adjustments) and make/buy your own plugs. I made my own out of some extra plugs I had in my watsons streetworks harnes. but make sure you have the power to the right wire or you will have your switch going in the wrong direction (like seats going up when your presing down).
hope this helps a bit... let us know how it goes!

later
-Jonathan