PDA

View Full Version : VKG inquiries and all new VKGers

zen
November 25th 2003, 09:11
i owe a few people some things besides apologies. the house move is mostly complete...the moving part that is. i will be unboxing for most of the rest of my life, but hope to get to mailing out VKG stickers and welcome letters to those i owe them to.

for those inquiring into the VKG, i will be slow in responding as i do not have internet access at home just yet. i promise to get with you ASAP though.

we have a couple of new things in the works in the VKG that we hope to announce in the next few weeks. stay tuned.

boygenius
November 25th 2003, 20:00
It's OK, take your time with everything. Don't stres out. I moved into my house seven years ago and I still have boxes I haven't unpacked. LOL.:D

yellow73
November 26th 2003, 16:32
Zen, glad to hear that you were able to move OK. Hope all went well.

zen
December 1st 2003, 08:16
hi nigel (or that irish feller as they seem to call you in south GA :))

mostly done with the move. still moving some things and haven't even dealt with the car yet. still have a house to sell too. :mad: :rolleyes:

vujade
December 1st 2003, 10:28
Hey Nigel, how's the 914 rim search coming? ;)

zen
December 3rd 2003, 21:42
OK, i am back in business...almost. DSL is up, but wireless router is down. have to wait for RMA to go back and come back here. so wife's computer is up and i am "borrowing" off of an unknowing new neighbor that is not bright enough to secure their wireless network (thank god). weak signal, but better than nothing. :D

oh, once i do get on my DSL, i'z be flyin. wife is getting 1.7 down and only 260 up. twice as better down than the cable modem i was on. love that fiber.

some of you guys have sent me pics that i will work to get up on the site this week. snail mails should go out early next week to those waiting. i am starting to find all of the things that were in boxes. :silly:

jhelgesen
December 3rd 2003, 22:17
Zen,

Not being a bright one in some points, how would one secure a wireless router? I'm running wireless out to my shop.

:)

Pillow
December 3rd 2003, 23:33
Woo Hoo! Got Nigel finally! :)

Umm, I mean Yellow73.

Nigel I found a great deal at the local Butler Tire for you yesterday! Boxster take-offs 16x6 (50et) 16x7 (40et) with almost new Yoko AVS tires, $600. Ready to go and a very nice set. The style is like NoH2O's.

I think it is a good deal at least. The tires are over 500 alone!

... Shoot me an e-mail and I can probably get you the 944 front setup as well. I have one set left over that I "found" in a box of other stuff by accident. Do not ask.

Welcome!

Panelfantastic
December 4th 2003, 08:04
That wireless stuff has an encryption feature but I doubt very seriously it would stop a savvy techie. About the only way to secure it is to have such a weak pityful signal that your freeloading neighbor can't pick it up:p .
It also makes a BIG difference on range by what card you use and type of laptop you have. Some model HPs have sheilding that weakens the reception. We've been going through this at the firestation, lots of concrete and steel... (or is that steal :D )

jhelgesen
December 4th 2003, 09:45
I was looking last night, think I can just set a password between the router and the PC. I've got a PCI card in the machine in the shop that has pretty good range, goes about 100+ feet out of the house, across the yard and to the shop.

zen
December 4th 2003, 17:44
encryption will jumble the data going through the air so no one can read it. to secure the access point you have to setup authentication. john give me a call sometime and i can step you through it. just don't hit me with Windows 98 or anything. :D

NO_H2O
December 4th 2003, 19:48
Pillow, send me your email add. If you remember mine.:rolleyes:

Pillow
December 5th 2003, 00:03
NO_H2O, I just sent a test message to you.

I misspoke on the wheels they are early Boxster and not like NO_H2o's wheels.