PDA

View Full Version : T4 Engine makes CalLook Top 20

vujade
November 25th 2003, 13:51
Click Here (http://www2.cal-look.com/members/Bangert/Bangert.html)

A 2366 T4 from Eurpope runs 13 second 1/4 miles and made the Callook Top 20.

Not bad for a T4 :D

Massive Type IV
November 25th 2003, 14:12
Sweet!

I(a customer) have a 2270 that runs low 13s in the QTR, but it ain't in a bug!

boygenius
November 25th 2003, 21:37
I wonder what it would take to run 11's???:hehehe: :hehehe: :D

hybrid_john
November 27th 2003, 07:33
It might take around the 2500cc. mark to run 11's, maybe a little quicker depending on the car itself and how heavy it is, wether you run nitrous or turbo, or both......but in the long run it would take a lot more than a 2366cc! Just not too much!

boygenius
November 27th 2003, 14:14
I love turbochargers.:yummy: When I finally get my engine I will have to make a type 4 into type 1 turbo header.;)

hybrid_john
November 27th 2003, 16:24
Yeah man, turbo chargers are nice, if the engine can hold up to the compression, but the TIV should be abel to if the internal componants are strong enough, no problem!:D

Massive Type IV
November 27th 2003, 18:14
Its not about size..... a highly tuned 2270 would turn 11s wityh the right combo.

hybrid_john
November 28th 2003, 03:00
Really!!
I was thinking about putting a 2.5 litre in my car when it's finished, and doing research for a turbo, I've read up on how they work and helped a freind install one on his four wheelers but I don't exactly know much about turbo charging an air-cooled T-IV... any suggestions?

John

boygenius
November 29th 2003, 19:20
"Turbomania" is a pretty good book for information on turbocharging air cooled volkswagens. What type of four wheeler did you and your friend install a turbo on.:D Was it a banshee or a raptor?:D

hybrid_john
November 29th 2003, 23:14
I dont know exactly, they had two of them, I know one of them was a Banshee and the other one I beleive was made by Suzuki, but I dont know the name of the four-wheeler, they called it the "QuadZilla" is that the name of a four-wheeler or something? Genius your into this kinda stuff arent you? I wish I had a pick of the quad but they moved to another house and I haven't seen him for about 2 years...........I do know one thing though....they wouldn't put a turbo on the Banshee 500, i rode it once, and loved it until I wrecked it because I couldn't handle the speed and the sand mixed, it was too much for me, but IF I had another chance to ride it I deffinately would!!!!!:D

John