PDA

View Full Version : Next Club Meeting - Dec 10, 2003

vujade
November 30th 2003, 11:52
Notice to all VKG Club Members & any interested newbies:

Our next virtual club meeting ( the last for 2003 ) will be held on Wednesday. December 10, 2003 @ 9pm EST.

If you are a new member & havent ever attended on of our virtual club meetings or if you are an older member & havent been to one if a long while, be sure to attend this one.

Things on the agenda:
FL Bug Jam
New Club Rules (amended)
Club Goals for 2004
Club outings in 2004
Misc Smack Talk

Cya there :D

hybrid_john
December 1st 2003, 00:23
Ok, sounds good, but about the time...

If the meeting is at 9 EST, how many hours are you guys ahead of me (PST) here in Nevada?

And if I don't make it on time, how long is the meeting?:(
What if I dont make it?:(

John

boygenius
December 1st 2003, 03:09
We are three hours ahead of you. The rest I don't know.

NO_H2O
December 1st 2003, 03:26
Hey, I have that night off.

jhelgesen
December 1st 2003, 10:18
I should be there. Now that I have a shop floor in the carport, I get to start on the 71 vert. We'll see if I can have it in primer by Taccoa.

vujade
December 1st 2003, 10:21
Originally posted by hybrid_john
And if I don't make it on time, how long is the meeting?:(
What if I dont make it?:(

John

Our meetings usually run between 1 - 2 hours depending on the turnout & the agenda.

Hope you can make it :cool:

kenfyoozed
December 1st 2003, 12:27
this is probally stupid, but exactly where will the meeting be held? this will be my first. sorry for sounding incompatent.

neil

vujade
December 1st 2003, 13:27
Originally posted by kenfyoozed
this is probally stupid, but exactly where will the meeting be held? this will be my first. sorry for sounding incompatent.

neil

Neil (& anyone else that has never chatted with us)

Goto German Look Main Page (http://www.germanlook.com/Html/Main.php) and go down to the bottom left hand of the page. There will be a chat buttom in the Links section. Click on that button.

Once the chat module opens, type in your GL.com username & password. Then go down to private rooms & type in VKG. Then just hit the Chat button.

Thats all there is to it.

Cya there :D

boygenius
December 1st 2003, 14:02
Help. I registered in the chat room and now it won't take my password. I used my user name and password but it won't take the password. There isn't a place to recover my password. Help I don't want to miss the meeting. What do I do? I may have miss typed my password and now I can't remember what incorrect spelling I used. :(

vujade
December 1st 2003, 14:18
Brendan

go into the user control panel on top of the gl.com forum page, then click on edit password. then you will see a button for forgotten passord. click on that, it should email you a new temporary password.

let me know if this helps

boygenius
December 1st 2003, 19:50
My GL password is still good but when I went to register in the chat room I must have typed it wrong. There is a box to delete a user, can someone delete me so I can re-register.:confused:

kenfyoozed
December 3rd 2003, 22:43
i did everything as told. wheni pres chat a little box appearswith names in it. the i go back to thescreen where i type my name ad pass word. wheres the cat area? did i miss something?

neil

NO_H2O
December 4th 2003, 00:29
Yeti bone and I where in there and saw you pop in and out, wondered what was up. Maybe you need to enlarge the window.
See you on the 10th

kenfyoozed
December 4th 2003, 11:23
thats the problem. no window popped up. i kept getting the sign on screen. i dont know what happened.

neil

NO_H2O
December 4th 2003, 16:37
is it the window behind (look on the task bar at the bottom of the screen).

zen
December 4th 2003, 17:36
sorry i didn't make it guys. how did it go? that is a pretty big agenda. did everything get covered? should we hold another before the end of the year? i would like to start the new year with the new rules and all. let me know what you guys think.

vujade
December 4th 2003, 17:49
zen

we didnt have it yet,,,, its next wed, the 10th

zen
December 4th 2003, 18:11
doh, glad i wasn't there last night then. i will be sure to actually read the post next time. :rolleyes:

see ya next week then. you and i should talk before then. i want to have some foundation suggestions to start with for those that have not been privy to our previous discussions.

vujade
December 4th 2003, 18:15
I'll give you a call tonite after dinner sometime.... how's 7:30 ?

kenfyoozed
December 4th 2003, 18:20
on the main page i click on the chat button. i then see this page

http://www.germanlook.com/Chat/phpMyChat.php3?L=english

i type in my id name, and then my passwoed an click chat correct?

well, when i do it brings me back to the same page , yet under users it says im in the default chat room. but i dont see another window to type in or see any chat room.

what am i doing wrong, i dont want to miss the meeting.

neil

vujade
December 4th 2003, 18:21
ken

when you go there & type in your name & password, skip down to where it says create your own & click on private rooms, then type in VKG, then click on the chat button

kenfyoozed
December 4th 2003, 18:31
when i do that, a balank page appears and on the bottom it has the server time clock. then it says transferring page. and i am back on the sign on page. no messages why.

any suggestions?

thanks

neil

vujade
December 4th 2003, 18:35
no clue

ask sandeep

NO_H2O
December 4th 2003, 19:44
Soe of us were in the room last night and saw him sign in and out many times, maybe the chat window is opening behind the sing in window, look down on the task bar and see if another window is open, if so click it.

kenfyoozed
December 4th 2003, 19:55
i tried that too. nothing.

lol :confused:

ill keep trying

neil

boygenius
December 4th 2003, 20:14
Help! I checked and my password is still good but when I try to go to the chat room it says that the password is incorrect. I may have typed it wrong when I registered for the chat room. Help. Anyone... I don't want to miss the meeting......:(

kenfyoozed
December 5th 2003, 15:45
i tried to enter the chat site from work and it worked great.
i guess its my computer. ill have to see if i can get another for wed night.

neil

NO_H2O
December 5th 2003, 17:16
Boygenius, email Sandeep or Alex and see if they can hook you up.
Kenfyoozed, maybe you need to update your browser (windows update).

kenfyoozed
December 5th 2003, 17:34
im OK with working on vws, but even worse when i work on computers. how do i do that? update?

neil

NO_H2O
December 5th 2003, 18:03
go to START, then Windows Update. it will take you to a microsoft site and check for updates needed. should do it about once a month.

vujade
December 10th 2003, 13:23
dont forget guys, tonite at 9pm est is the monthly meeting.

I will be sending out a reminder email shortly.

jhelgesen
December 10th 2003, 20:12
Sorry guys, gonna have to miss the meeting, got office stuff to deal with tonight late. Have fun.