PDA

View Full Version : rear bumper

kenfyoozed
December 3rd 2003, 16:14
what is everyone , who has a one piece bumper with airdam built in, using in the rear?

is there anyone who makes a rear fiberglass bumper to match the fronts?

thanks

neil

hybrid_john
December 4th 2003, 23:42
I havn't found any either, and I've looked every where! I tell you what I'm planning on doing (don't know if it will work). I'm looking through after market parts for sport compact cars (imports), and am trying to find a rear bumper which I can cut and and shape to fit a ACVW. I really don't know how succesful this will be, but it's a shot and I'm still looking for a model!

You might think about doing this, If I find any I'll let you know!

boygenius
December 5th 2003, 01:28
What about a new beetle aftermarket rear bumper? It's kinda the same shape.:silly:

hybrid_john
December 6th 2003, 00:19
genius: it would probly work better, but its not the style that I'm looking for, if you go to www.veilside.com you'll get the picture pn what I'm tyring to do...

kenfyoozed: the new beetle rear bumper might be some thing you wanna look into.

John

boygenius
December 7th 2003, 11:58
Any veilside model in particular? They all look nice.:D

hybrid_john
December 8th 2003, 18:53
Yeah of coarse!

the Toyota Fun Cargo model: $280.00
the Toyota Vitz Manamitz model: $260.00
the Mitsubishi Lancer EVO-VI DTM model: $800.00
the Honda Integra Rcing Edition model: $630.00
the Honda Accord Wagon ECI model: $600.00

Making on of these front bumpers fit on a 1972 Volkswagen Super Beetle: priceless

LOL:hehehe:

But they are pricey though huh?

John

zen
December 8th 2003, 22:32
how to ruin a perfectly good porsche...
http://www.veilside.com/veilsideusa/aero/euro/porshe.html#

super vw
December 8th 2003, 22:38
the front on that kit looks WAY outa place, but the rear looks slick! i think the rear fits well.

hybrid_john
December 9th 2003, 01:59
Yeah I know what you mean... but I've read up on Veilside and they aren't exactly ALL about changing the appearance of the vehical, the main goal ( I guess ) is about performance and aerodynamics, and each kit is specificaly designed to fit every crevis of the car is goes to, to the "T".

Oh, and the name "Veilside" is the owners name translated to English....I thought that was funny.:D

But you are deffinately right on that one zen, it ruined the front of that Porsche, i think its to garish to look good!

Did any one check out the models I chose to under the knife and fit a VW? I'd like to know what everyone thinks!

I'll post my ideas up so they are easier to find...

John

BlueFireIce
March 12th 2004, 14:21
i dont know if these are for sale or not but i like them anyway http://www.carotta.com/

vujade
March 12th 2004, 22:24
i always thought that the new beetle front and rear bumpers could be adapted

hybrid_john
March 13th 2004, 02:56
Blue: I have always admired the look of that car. I think it was done very nicely, and still keep the main integrity of the Beetle in the design.

Vujade: I have thought of that before as well and it probably be a close match, I think all that would have to be done is to narrow the bumpers and graft the sides to fit the bumpers. wich would be time consuming.

I actually have decided to go with a 993 GT-2 front and rear bumper, and I found some rocker panels at www.betterbodiesmotorsport.com.

It should keep the integrity of the car, and add a little some some:D

What do you think?

John