PDA

View Full Version : Red bug in Gallery section

vujade
September 7th 2002, 23:42
I was wondering if anyone had any info on the red bug in the gallery section. Im talking about the one with the Porsche style decklid. It looks like it raises & lowers.

I was wondering if it is available for sale or is this a personal item on somebodys car (a oneoff possibly)???

any info please!

thanks
Joe

Murdock
September 7th 2002, 23:59
Wow, how odd, I was wanting to fab something up like this for a Ghia.. If anyone has ideas, skecthes I would be reallllyy interested..!!

Alex
September 8th 2002, 00:22
I got those pics from Oliver Knuf who took them at the Hannover bug show on the 1st of May. Maybe he has more infos on it.

A tip would be to look at a rear decklid for a 89-94 C4 or a 90-94C2 964 (911) Porsche. If you have a Porsche wrecker close by try to find that rear decklid. I think that is were the idea of the red bug came from.

Alex

vujade
September 8th 2002, 09:34
thanks Alex

I figured it was Porsche influenced. I am just hoping that it is not a one off, but rather a company that makes it. :)

lightning bug
September 8th 2002, 21:31
VERY COOL!! I would say its a one off. I also think the 911 style hood on that black bug everyone wants (including myself) is a one off. I've searched all over and nothing. Hopefully we'll find out for sure.