PDA

View Full Version : titanium/CF motorcycle mufflers

boygenius
December 7th 2003, 20:17
I have seen a couple of beetles with motorcycle mufflers, just so happens that I have two for sale. I have a near new Vance & Hines titanium muffler with mounting bracket and pipe. There are just a few scratches but nothing too noticeable. The other is a carbon fiber Vance & Hines muffler with all mounting harware. The second muffler is a little rough looking. If anyone is interested I can get some pics and post them. Any reasonable offer will be considered.

Panelfantastic
December 8th 2003, 09:59
I'm thinkin' bout using a pair myself for my bus but like the style of the D&D tips. If I run across someone else looking for V&H, I'll let them know.

Rob
December 8th 2003, 10:01
Boygenius,

Can you post a couple pics of the mufflers ?
Especially the C/F one.

any ideas how much you want for it ?

Rob.

boygenius
December 8th 2003, 12:40
I will need to borrow my friends digital camera. When you see their condition make me a reasonable offer. Please give me a few days to get the pictures up-loaded.

boygenius
December 10th 2003, 21:18
I took some pictures tonight and should hopefully have them up by tommorrow night.;)

boygenius
December 12th 2003, 02:54
Carbon fiber.

boygenius
December 12th 2003, 02:56
Another carbon fiber pic.

boygenius
December 12th 2003, 03:04
Titanium pics.
It has a few light scratches.

boygenius
December 12th 2003, 03:08
More titanium pics.

boygenius
December 12th 2003, 03:10
One more pic.

boygenius
December 12th 2003, 03:21
Originally posted by Rob
Boygenius,

Can you post a couple pics of the mufflers ?
Especially the C/F one.

any ideas how much you want for it ?

Rob.
I want $75 for each muffler.
The carbon fiber muffler comes with the stock motorcycle header if you want it, or at least the flange.
The titanium muffler comes with a short 18" header pipe and mounting hardware. Their weights are 4 lbs for the titanium and 6 lbs for the carbon fiber muffler. Feel free to ask me more questions, either on this post or via PM or e-mail.:D

Rob
December 13th 2003, 15:54
I like the C/F one.....adds to the rice factor :D :D

But I'm kinda worried if it will be too restrictive for a 2.5L engine.....

Any thoughts ?

Rob.

boygenius
December 13th 2003, 19:22
The CF one has a 1-1/4" diameter baffle and the Ti muffler has a 1-7/8"`baffle. As to wether or not that will flow enough air, I don't know for sure.

boygenius
December 22nd 2003, 20:03
Originally posted by boygenius
I want $75 for each muffler.
The carbon fiber muffler comes with the stock motorcycle header if you want it, or at least the flange.
The titanium muffler comes with a short 18" header pipe and mounting hardware. Their weights are 4 lbs for the titanium and 6 lbs for the carbon fiber muffler. Feel free to ask me more questions, either on this post or via PM or e-mail.:D

If anybody wants these or one of them make me an offer or they are going on ebay. :D

Lets make a deal.;)

jmillheiser
January 4th 2004, 02:41
if they haven't been e-bayed yet i am interested in the Ti muffler.

any clue if it will flow enough for a non-stock type1 engine

boygenius
January 4th 2004, 11:47
Originally posted by jmillheiser
if they haven't been e-bayed yet i am interested in the Ti muffler.

any clue if it will flow enough for a non-stock type1 engine
I have sent you an e-mail.

CLKWRK
January 4th 2004, 13:10
maybe four of those will flow enough for me
Bry:D

jmillheiser
January 4th 2004, 22:02
ill let you know how well they work. inside of the Ti muffler is 1 7/8 which is bigger than my header so it should work