PDA

View Full Version : 911 seat weight?

boygenius
December 7th 2003, 22:39
Anybody know how much 911 seats weigh?
1. Manual.
2. Electric.
3. Electric with heat.
Also, how is the heat controlled on the 911 seats? Are they pre-set on one temperature and all you need is a 12 volt power source. Do you need a reo-stat to regulate the voltage to control the temperture. Any help would be appreciated.:)

super vw
December 8th 2003, 12:06
911 seats are not the lightest out there, i have one electronic seat and one non-electronic on my super. the electronic on is heavier than the other becuase it has motors and a drive train system to make the seats go up and down. they are both defently heavier than a stock seat is. not sure on the the weight though.

boygenius
December 8th 2003, 12:46
thank you very much. It seems like every thing I want to do to my car adds more weight to the finnished product. Porsche wheels are 50 lbs. more than my VW wheels, 944-S trailing arms are 8 lbs. more than VW arms.:( I have to put my car on a diet, or get more power.:silly:

Shadowbug
December 8th 2003, 13:04
There's quite a range of different seats in the 911's

the ones I have in my beetle are not that terribly heavy, I'd say they are lighter than the seats in my Jetts (mk2)
they had heat but not electric positioning. Heat isn't being used so I cant say how it would be hooked up.

Pic of my setup.
http://www.3sgtemr2.com/scage/beetle/IMG_0308sm.JPG

super vw
December 8th 2003, 15:03
yeah, some might be lighter than others. mine are from a 85 911 carerra.

boygenius
December 8th 2003, 15:09
I don't know what year seats I will get yet. I definately want heated seats since I won't have heat in my car. Thanx for the info guys.:D

njv
December 10th 2003, 17:54
hi
28kg with motors heavier than any stock vw seat if you take the covers of like i have you get to see what a work of art they are in framework these seats where built with some serious strength in mind with the reclining mechanism as well as the normal forward tilt adding to it gotta have them mind.

boygenius
December 10th 2003, 20:07
Thanx, my stock seats weigh 18 kg. Not much more weight for the comfort.:D

super vw
December 11th 2003, 00:05
I totaly agree, the 911 seats fit me well at least, they have tall head rests. I am tall so that helps out, and the side bolsters keep you put fairly well for street and some track use (there not masive like a race seat though). and they look good :D