PDA

View Full Version : My surgery ideas....

hybrid_john
December 9th 2003, 02:27
Ok the subject is up for discussion and I have been throwing these ideas around in my head for quite some time. I will be taking one of these front bumpers and putting them under the knife to fit a Supe Beetle, I would also like some opinions on which one to chose for the undertaking, me personally, I like either the Accord Wagon or the Lancer EVO front bumper:

Ok first up the Honda Accord Wagon:
www.veilside.com/veilsideusa/aero/honda/accord.htm

next is the Honda Integra(or Acura Integra, in the US):
www.veilside.com/veilsideusa/aero/honda/integra.htm

Now for the Toyotas; the Toyota "Fun Car Go":
www.veilside.com/veilsideusa/aero/toyo/fun.htm

next is the Toyota Vitz:
www.veilside.com/ veilsideusa/aero/toyo/vitz.htm

Now for the Mitsubishi Lancer EVO-VI:
www.veilside.com/veilsideusa/aero/mitsu/DTM.htm

Now I know that all these makes of cars are Japanese, but, you gotta hand it to the Japs( only a little) they did make the J-sports racer bug now didn't they..............no cheap shots on this one,OK boys;)

John

hybrid_john
December 9th 2003, 02:30
sorry about that....

HERE is the Vitz:
www.veilside.com/veilsideusa/aero/toyo/vitz.htm

John

kenfyoozed
December 9th 2003, 12:20
i like the ideas. let us know how it all turns out and be sure to write a tech article with pics if you can. would be nice when your finished to make some molds and make a kit to sell. or at least let someone sell them.

keep us up to date.

ps i think the yota fun go cat will look good. not to over the top.

neil

justdubbin
December 9th 2003, 14:21
John,

This type of styling is not my thing, I realy can't visualize it on a Beetle either.
Most Jap cars have there front bumpers-spoilers atleast 18inches deep, how are you going to make this fit when most Beetles have about 10-12 inches from the top of the bumper down (even less on some German lookers).

One last thing arn't some of these styles alittle too angular for the rounded shapes of a Beetle?

If you do go ahead with this I hope it works out, it makes a change to see a completley new idea.

Rob.

boygenius
December 9th 2003, 20:00
Thats a pretty bold look. There may be a problem with that idea. All of those bumpers are designed to funnel air to a radiator you don't have. That would create a dead spot of air in front of your car causing drag. Just a thought....;)

NYBugman1972
December 9th 2003, 22:22
Good luck with it. Not my personal cup of tea, but I give the man credit for trying.

hybrid_john
December 10th 2003, 03:54
dubbin: To make it fit will be the hardest part of the prossess, I'll end up cuttng and re-shaping the bumper to "come-close" to fitting the Beetle, then I will make templates for the areas that don't fit and add-on to the bumper with more fiber-glass. I will also be making a mold for the finished project, so the end results will be smoother and fit perfectly.

ken: I thought about doing something like that, but I wouldn't exactly know how many I would be able to sell, it's not for every one but I hope to change that. And thank you for you opinion, I like the Fun Car Go madel as well, simply because it' not too flashy, and I think it might compliment the car as well.

genius: I'm glad you brought that up. I thought about a remote oil-cooler to use up front running lines through the stock heater channels ( since I won't be using them ) to another cooler mounted above the tranny under the car. Now for the dead spot that would still remain, I will mount duct behind the oil-cooler and feed them throught to opening in the hood....

I hop that explains some of my ideas for my car. Remember, these ideas are not for every one but a select few are willing to this route. Another thought, my ideas are not only for visual looks, but they will be functional....and not in a traditional manner either....they will be very hard and take ALOT of planning....

John

kenfyoozed
December 12th 2003, 12:52
hey john,

this is the site i was telling you about. take a look and se what yu can find.

http://underworld.fortunecity.com/snowboard/736/bodykits.htm

neil

hybrid_john
December 13th 2003, 00:39
ken: I like the Dietrich RS2 front bumper, and the "Rear Complete Bumper" by www.estrictlyfoiegn.com. They're bothe smooth and a little more up to date than the others. Try it out man....just go for it, have your uncle help you even, I think it would be a nice up grade, as long as you use them for more than just looks.:D

KUDOS!

John