PDA

View Full Version : Wiper upgrade??

jrinlv
December 15th 2003, 01:59
I'm looking for something better for my 57, I was told that the 911 system was a canidate but thier controls are on "the stalk". I would like more a dash control system like original setup. Any ideas?? Thanks JR

jrinlv
December 16th 2003, 20:42
Are you guys just not running wipers?? I thought this would be a good topic. Tell me what you think JR

boygenius
December 16th 2003, 20:47
It is a good topic. I want to know if there is a faster wiper motor out there than my stock set-up that is in my 1969 type 1. It's only a two speed motor, slow and slower.:hehehe:

I live in Florida and when a tropical storm hits or any large storm you just can't see where you are going with slow wipers.:(

boygenius
December 16th 2003, 20:52
Or could they be slow because the wiper moter is 35 years old.:confused:

Ron Roberts
December 17th 2003, 01:46
Good question. I'm suprised no one makes an upgrade. I don't think they were ever fast. The only worse wipers were on the Rambler and ran on the vacuum. When you accellerated the wipers pretty much stopped, and when you let off the gas and downshifted they practically flew off the car. :)

Ron

justdubbin
December 17th 2003, 17:05
I think the MKII Golf (Rabbit) wiper motor fits in to a 68-71 bay, as I know very little about Beetles do you know it the BBay is the same as a Beetle?

I hope this might beable to help :( .

Rob.

boygenius
December 17th 2003, 20:31
It gives me hope.:D