PDA

View Full Version : THIS is what I need.....

Panelfantastic
December 22nd 2003, 10:59
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2449620262

It actually looks like it still has the same four bolt mounting as old'en days??? I thought they changed all that in the mid-nineties? Where does the AWD part hook up?
Yes, I know it is huge. Yes, it would involve lots of fabrication. Are the newer trannies even do-able?

boygenius
December 22nd 2003, 11:07
I thought it used to come off the right side where the cv flange is but that box looks like it comes out the front and has the linkage on the right side.

Panelfantastic
December 22nd 2003, 11:32
Just to clarify....
No, the GL bus isn't getting AWD. That is a nightmare even I'm not crazy enough to try. I see the newer trannies for sale and they have decent prices for what they are... you couldn't break one, they even have six speeds (like four isn't enough!). I just figured there was some major thing about them that made them unusable (besides being too heavy, too long, too big, having the wrong rations, complicated shift linkage, complicated clutch engagement...you know, the usual stuff:D )

hybrid_john
December 23rd 2003, 04:15
Uhhhhh... No comment!;)

It HUGE and has 6 speeds, would need tons of fab and Tylenol:D

Hmmmm...Some one out there might like headaches :D

Maybe experiment with my Baja...

John

miller
February 4th 2004, 02:42
Hey if your gonna swap the tranny in might as well have the engine come along with it right???!!!!