PDA

View Full Version : Smacks new drive line (stalled)

NO_H2O
December 22nd 2003, 21:35
As I was moving all the stuff in my shop I set out all the parts for the new drive-line for Smack and I am so close but so far (domn to 0ne income now).
2275 w/45 Dells and a 901 5 speed.
Stalled out:(

jrinlv
December 22nd 2003, 22:14
What do you need to finish up? It looks like your almost there, maybe we can help JR

jhelgesen
December 22nd 2003, 22:17
How do you get a tranny that clean?

boygenius
December 22nd 2003, 23:20
Originally posted by jhelgesen
How do you get a tranny that clean?

I always used Suzuki motorcycle wash, you can get it from your local Suzuki motorcycle dealer. It is aluminium safe so it wont etch whatever your cleaning.:D

boygenius
December 22nd 2003, 23:23
Originally posted by NO_H2O
As I was moving all the stuff in my shop I set out all the parts for the new drive-line for Smack and I am so close but so far (domn to 0ne income now).
2275 w/45 Dells and a 901 5 speed.
Stalled out:(

Let me know if there is anyway that I can help.:)

NO_H2O
December 23rd 2003, 00:35
I still need a Web Cam 121/125 and lifters machine work on the case, dynamic balancing, T-1 DTM and some other small stuff for the engine and build a shift rod, fwd mount and some other small suff for the trans.
I need another job for my wife.

boygenius
December 23rd 2003, 00:47
I can bring my welder by in a few weeks to help you with the front transmission mount. I think I even have some good rubber mounts that you could use.;)

NO_H2O
December 23rd 2003, 02:40
Cool, you do know I live just south of Atlanta, right. I need to fab the crossbar mount too. I may try to fab one out of aluminum, my friend has a TIG welder but he lives up by Jake. I have my Doghouse fan with him now for some Tig welding. Yetibone and I are going to Fab shift rods from an idea I had for a better mouse trap. I smell another tech article.

NO_H2O
December 23rd 2003, 02:48
John, it was that clean when I picked it up, Ready to build.

Massive Type IV
December 23rd 2003, 04:26
I told you that you can come balance it yourself on my machine........ For nuttin but YOUR time!

I have the cam and lifters too. VKG discount!

NO_H2O
December 23rd 2003, 09:15
I will bring it all up there just as soon as I can Jake (You-Da-Man). I have a couple of irons in the fire right now, we just got my nephews other foot done on Wed (bills to follow).

Panelfantastic
December 23rd 2003, 09:29
Originally posted by Massive Type IV
I told you that you can come balance it yourself on my machine........ For nuttin but YOUR time!

I'll bet that offer doesn't go out to a lot of people!:eek:

zen
December 23rd 2003, 12:58
it may take a little time to get there, but it is seriously going to kick *** when you get there. you want to talk about a budget beater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boygenius
December 23rd 2003, 20:43
Originally posted by NO_H2O
Cool, you do know I live just south of Atlanta, right. I need to fab the crossbar mount too. I may try to fab one out of aluminum, my friend has a TIG welder but he lives up by Jake. I have my Doghouse fan with him now for some Tig welding. Yetibone and I are going to Fab shift rods from an idea I had for a better mouse trap. I smell another tech article.

If all goes well I'm taking a vacation to NC some time in January and I could swing by for a day or two and help you with the cross member. All I have is a MIG welder so its gotta be steel.

DORIGTT
December 24th 2003, 00:23
When you guys get done there, c'mon up to cold-azz Michigan and help me out in the garage with my beast O-Tay?

We can take rotations between watching Speedvision and welding, wrenching and choking down pizza and sodas to get my Ghia done before my unborn children make me a grandfather:D

zen
December 24th 2003, 00:33
Originally posted by DORIGTT
...c'mon up to cold-azz Michigan...

i gave up that place years ago. actually only lasted a year before asking myself why people choose to live in weather like that. :D

drag it down here and we will gladly help out. :D :silly:

yellow73
December 24th 2003, 00:34
You will get there. Look how far you have brought the car already and then look how far you have got on the engine.....and look at the great back up crew you have supporting you.

If it was easy it would not be so rewarding.

NO_H2O
December 24th 2003, 01:59
It will get done. I have just hit a bump in the road. This is a great bunch of folks to have in a club. I'm not down, just at a pause.
As far as going to Mich. I have done my time there, I don't like to have diredtions given to me by pointing to back of the left hand (you are here and you want to go here and I'm from here) :D My wife is from Port Hurron and I grew up in Ohio. I hope you have a heated shop, or you will loose 4 months of work a year.

DORIGTT
December 24th 2003, 03:36
Ha ha ha ha ha ha! You guys make it seem like Michigan is a bad place to live or something:p

Just because the weather changes every week doesn't make it bad right?:silly: Heck, you guys in the southern states are missing out on our 'Winter Wonderland'. Yeah that's right...no snowmobiling for you, no skiing, no sledding, no waking up and finding a penguin frozen to your doorstep because it's so frigid out...wait...that does sound like it sucks:mad:

Ha ha ha ha.

You can always come visit :D

Chris Percival
December 24th 2003, 08:32
Bad weather is what garages and workshops are built for.. :)

NO_H2O
December 24th 2003, 10:59
I did all that cold and snow stuff untill I turned 18. I have had enough of salted roads and rusted cars. Michigan is nice in the summer. Some of my in-laws live in Flint. I hate Flint and it sort of ruined my whole Michigan mindset. Last time I was in Michigan it was to fix an airplane(767) in Detroit(DTW), at the gate in the middle of a snow storm, the working conditions were bad.

DORIGTT
December 24th 2003, 11:30
C'MON!

Flint is 'El-Armpit-o' in Michigan...if it didn't rain so damned much, you'd see tumbleweed rolling through town.

But hey, that's an hour and a half away from my nesting spot.

If you get any spare apu's, I sure could use one for my next project...Revolution Mini-500 T. Gotta put my pilots license to good use. I would use a Type IV, but need a slightly better power-to-weight ratio:D