PDA

View Full Version : Keepin in real, VW parts and service...

super vw
December 30th 2003, 01:21
Check out what i scored from the local dealership (my father works there). Its a parts and service poster, its about 5 feet long and 2 1/2 feet wide... and its double sided (says the same thing on the other side). i think its totaly kick@ss :D

-Keepin it real ;)
Jonathan

boygenius
December 30th 2003, 02:43
Sweet, I like it alot. :yummy:

DORIGTT
December 30th 2003, 08:26
I am fortunate to work at a VW dealership myself and I score all the good (my personal preferences) VW stuff.

Have any of you been to a New VW Marketplace and seen the focal wall (basically a 18 foot high and wide poster made up of smaller 2' magnetic squares) I stash them at home with the intention of using them on the ceiling of my shop. Plus I get new stuff at employee pricing - not the greatest price mind you, but still a good deal on VW goodies.

I also have friends who own/work for various service centers for VW/Audi/Porsche products whom I give alot of the good stuff you see in parts and service too. Helps them look good in their customers eyes as well as giving me carte' blanche to work in their shops with all the 'good' equipment afterhours to my hearts content. One shop owner who's very excited about my Ghia project (he's been around longer than I've been alive) and is glad to see someone modifying a Ghia instead of the age-old Beetle & Bus) has offered to allow me to store my Ghia there and work on it at his shop until it's done. That's almost like free! Plus he has some rather skilled artisians working for him when it comes to working the metal of car bodies and fabrication of anything else...tempting. The 45 minute drive home after working there till 2am sucks compared to stumbling out my garage door into my home and collapsing on the kitchen floor:silly:

NO_H2O
December 30th 2003, 13:05
That banner looks cool. A friend of mine got the old VW sign( the big lighted one from the front of the showroom above the entrance) from a dealer, this thing is freakin' huge. He put it on the back wall of the shop. It looks cool and puts out lots of light too.