PDA

View Full Version : Bedliner for an interior?

super vw
January 1st 2004, 20:15
i was thinking, i dont want to have heavy sound dampening and carpet. so i was thinking of other ways... Bedliner maybe? or is there a lightweight sound dampening material out there? i already have a brand new capet kit from TMI that i got a few years ago... and wanted to use that for the front, so maybe just the rear of the car (back seat area... i have no back seats).
Anyways, i have seen a few jeeps with the interior all done with Line-X and they stated that it helped with sound dampening.

So what do you guys think about this idea?

Jonathan

super vw
January 2nd 2004, 02:01
ok, now after looking at the beetle and thinking some more.. i think doing the roof, wheel wells, engine comp, and maybe some of the underside in Line-X or any bedliner would maybe work out.
The roof becuase i think it looks cool (and race like) without the headliner, the beetles smooth inside roof lines lends itself well to this, and it should provide some sounds dampening and a heat shielding to.
The wheel wells to protect from road grime and noise.
Then the engine comp to protect from engine heat and noise aswell as a clean look.
And then use capeting for the floor, with some lightweight Dynamat exteme perhaps.

Any thoughts on this?? do you think the bedliner is to heavy?

Later
Jonathan

Supa Ninja
January 2nd 2004, 02:46
there's a light weight dynamat. It's a little pricey probally lighter than bedlining

zen
January 2nd 2004, 21:21
i don't think you are going to get much sound dampening from Line-X, but it is a great choice for protection. i got my sound deadner from a place no_h2o turned me on to. much cheaper than dyna-mat. PM him or he may jump in here with the info.

super vw
January 3rd 2004, 23:39
ok, so i kinda measured on the SQ footage i will over, and it came out to be around 60 SQ feet. This included the interior, main section of the lower pan, wheel wells (not fenders) and the engine bay. Does any one know what bedliner weighs per sq foot? i dont know, but 60 SQ feet seams like a lot.
Also, would capet glue and dynamat kinda material stick to line-x or bedliner?

Anddd, whats the best method of geting the old capet glue, and sticky stuff that the original insulations used off? i have all the tar out and such, but now there is lots of residue that would clog up sandpaper in no time.

So yeah, No-H20... whats this insulation called and where can it be found?

Later
Jonathan

NO_H2O
January 4th 2004, 00:22
The place I ge tit from has several types to choose from. Try this link.

www.partsexpress.com

Bullyboy
January 4th 2004, 17:59
I think you are looking for something like this.
http://www.noisekiller.com/installa.htm
We have our pan sprayed with rubberized undercoat top and bottom and we used the flexmat to replace the tarboards (2.1/2 layers) I wish I would have found this spray stuff before:rolleyes: