PDA

View Full Version : One more payment and it's mine!

yetibone
January 3rd 2004, 20:15
...Well, not really. I paid $450 for it in November. I finally got around to picking it up, after the seller got around to re-keying the ign lock cylinder.:rolleyes:

The pans are excellent, the body is OK, and the interior is shot. It's still got a rare Sport Bug steering wheel, and reclining bucket seats.

Even hac the A/C condenser, fan, vapor and liquid lines. No evaporator, expansion valve, or blower though:mad: .

Yetibone

yetibone
January 3rd 2004, 20:17
Rusty sopt.

yetibone
January 3rd 2004, 20:19
Another rusty spot.

yetibone
January 3rd 2004, 20:20
Beat down, ugly rusty spot

boygenius
January 3rd 2004, 20:39
It's not that rusty.:rolleyes:

You should have seen mine. The sanding disc actually went through the body cause there wasn't any metal under the paint.:eek:

vujade
January 3rd 2004, 20:49
excellent find for $450 :D

zen
January 3rd 2004, 22:10
very cool. so what are your plans currently?

yetibone
January 3rd 2004, 22:40
Ok, based on what I already got,

2270 Type IV CJ Bus case with a DTM, 96mm Nickies, JE pistons, CB H-beam rods, and 412 heads with 10+:1 compression.

914/901 5 speed with three piece shift rod.

944 single pot calipers on all four, drilled rotors too. 944 front spindles, 944 steel rear arms, 996 wheels.

Probably going to make my struts this time. Instead of stock springs and perches, I'll use Honda CRX Si rears. (Hmmm... German rice)

914 guages in a modified stock 1303 dash. Stock steering wheel.
No headliner, back seat, rear carpet, or insulation. Mabye a roll bar. Mabye piece together an air conditioner.

Charcoal silver paint, no trim, painted bumpers, and 35% tinted windows.

Yetibuild

NO_H2O
January 4th 2004, 00:26
Cool, it is in far better shape than Smack was when I started.

zen
January 4th 2004, 16:30
nice plans!!!

yetibone
January 4th 2004, 17:24
Some things I still haven't decided on are what carbs to use. Either 45 Dells, 44 Webers or 48 webers. I haven't decided on an exhaust. Most likely I'll use a BAS Street sport, and make my own muffler setup, or if my wallet lets me I'll get a BAS Kafer Cup header, or Tangerine Super Header.

All of this rests on what the headwork, balance work, and configuration cost. Jake's also going to cut valve reliefs in the pistons, and machine for, and sell me some ceramic lifters since I wisely chickened out on the 39 gram PTP lifters.

This will be the most I've spent on a project. Probably twice what Sue spent on hers, and even more than I spent on my TR6 over 5 years :eek:.

Yetibucks

bc1303s
January 4th 2004, 17:36
Wow a 73 Sports Bug what an awsome find and kinda rare at that Good luck with your project :)

Bullyboy
January 4th 2004, 17:36
You do realize that this is a limited edition sports bug right?
If you don't want the seats or the steering wheel, I'm sure there are some people on the SBO site restoring sports bugs that would like them.

bc1303s
January 4th 2004, 17:46
Originally posted by Bullyboy
You do realize that this is a limited edition sports bug right?
If you don't want the seats or the steering wheel, I'm sure there are some people on the SBO site restoring sports bugs that would like them. Sports Bug Seats me me me :D :silly:

yetibone
January 4th 2004, 18:10
Sorry fellas, I gotta keep the seats and tiller.

Yetibone