PDA

View Full Version : My next possible project...

vujade
January 3rd 2004, 20:57
what do you guys think?

vujade
January 3rd 2004, 20:59
the rear end baby :D

boygenius
January 3rd 2004, 21:01
Go for it.:D

You can always make more room in the garage.;)

vujade
January 3rd 2004, 21:06
the car has been restored from the ground up & I can pick it up for $1800 plus delivery (Its across the country)

boygenius
January 3rd 2004, 21:33
Awesome deal. Really really go for it then.:D

zen
January 3rd 2004, 22:07
that's a funny lookin' Ghia.:silly:

you know i almost did a fasty for a daily driver. i think they make GL candidates. go for it.

NO_H2O
January 4th 2004, 00:28
That has to be the most chopped bus I have ever seen. LOL

vujade
January 4th 2004, 10:07
Originally posted by zen
that's a funny lookin' Ghia.:silly:

you know i almost did a fasty for a daily driver. i think they make GL candidates. go for it.

Zen, I went and took a look at that Ghia on Thursday. I didnt think it was worth the money. Plus after driving in it, I decided that I really wanted a T3 not a Ghia.

vujade
January 4th 2004, 10:11
mmm sunroof :D

njv
January 4th 2004, 15:51
hi
typ3,s drive so much better than ghias and bugs :D no flames intended !!!! now ive driven pretty much everything aircooled at one point or another and well a typ3 is hard to beat as far as im concerned .

that looks like a very nice example and then when you posted sunroof as well id say just looking at the photos well worth that money .

de chrome satin black would look cool against the body or paint it all body colour nice typ4 lump cool wheels nice :silly:

vujade
January 4th 2004, 17:23
Originally posted by njv
hi
typ3,s drive so much better than ghias and bugs :D no flames intended !!!! now ive driven pretty much everything aircooled at one point or another and well a typ3 is hard to beat as far as im concerned .

that looks like a very nice example and then when you posted sunroof as well id say just looking at the photos well worth that money .

de chrome satin black would look cool against the body or paint it all body colour nice typ4 lump cool wheels nice :silly:

Neil, I have to agree with you. Ive owned all types of air cooled VW's & type 3's would have to be my favorite as far as ride & comfort go. Plus you can beat the styling, its so European looking.

I was going to get another Ghia ( have owned 2 ) but decided against that after test driving a Ghia last week & realizing that it wasnt quite what I wanted. So the search began for a Fastback or Notchback, preferably with a factory sunroof.

Finding a fastback is hard enough, but add the sunroof into the equation and they become near impossible to find.

Here are some more pics....

Alex
January 4th 2004, 17:24
Ehhhhh.......

what are you waiting for? :silly:

Alex

NO_H2O
January 4th 2004, 18:23
Looks pretty clean. Sorry about the bus comment above, lost track of what post i was on.:silly:

njv
January 4th 2004, 19:12
hi
yea having gone back and reveived the pics again so long as its ok in all those normally dodgy typ3 ares (bumper bkts fresh air drain boxes under rear bumpers batt tray) it looks sweet youd be a mug to pass it up i dont think youd get a ride as nice as that for that money here in fact i know you wouldnt!!!

do it.

you know you want too:silly:

you still there:mad:

get your cheque book out:cool:

almost a shame to de chrome it as it looks like nice stuff might be better to buy some cheap not so good stuff for painting and offer that nice stuff up for the resto band or just stick it away for if you ever want to return to original:o

zen
January 4th 2004, 19:15
looks real clean in the pics joe. can't beat the price. with the condition of the body and interio, you could throw your money at the important places (engine, suspension, and brakes).:D

btw, i used Intercity Transport for my Passat and was very happy. $1100 coast-to-coast enclosed on their waitlist program.

NO_H2O
January 4th 2004, 19:33
My Friend just got a 911 from So. Cal. and used A-1 for $800. It came on an open trailer but a quick wash took care of the dirt.

vujade
January 4th 2004, 20:27
well as it sits, I made an offer and they accepted. All I have to do now is mail a deposit on Monday to close the deal.

Zen, I will check on Intercity.

vujade
January 4th 2004, 20:36
Zen

whats the exact name of the company you used>?
also where are they located?
what is their website address?

thanks
Joe

zen
January 4th 2004, 21:33
Intercity Lines (http://www.intercitylines.com/)

they are up to $1300 now though. still not bad for enclosed. i found several in that $800 range for open trailer. i would consider going with the one dave recommends considering the car. try to get it on the top rack to avoid rocks.

hybrid_john
January 5th 2004, 06:47
GOOD choice vujade. I like the car alot:D

John

njv
January 5th 2004, 19:15
hi
you lucky bugger enjoy:D

Racelook
January 6th 2004, 11:12
Your just lucky..

That looks a really clean car..

Keep up the good work

Wiebrand:D

vujade
January 6th 2004, 12:57
I dont know if its luck or just my constant searching on the internet for VW's :D

Right now, I know where there are two nice clean Notchbacks...
one for $2500 & one for $3000 (sunroof model)

vujade
January 6th 2004, 19:05
Well, I signed an agreement today for $1800. I am now the proud owner of a 1968 Sunroof Fasty. The title is being Fed Ex'ed to me, I should get it tomorrow. Then I will be able to arrange shipping.

vujade
January 7th 2004, 15:51
Fed Ex just brought me the title to my new Fasty :D

zen
January 7th 2004, 16:04
congrats. can't wait to see it in a couple months!

vujade
January 7th 2004, 16:41
here's a few more pics of my new baby....

NO_H2O
January 7th 2004, 19:18
Looks real nice, can't wait to see it.

yellow73
January 8th 2004, 23:21
Congratulations and what a deal, the car looks great and I really like fastbacks, I would have had to buy that if I had seen it.....

Panelfantastic
January 8th 2004, 23:40
Right now, I know where there are two nice clean Notchbacks...
one for $2500 & one for $3000 (sunroof model)

I reeeally wanna build a notch. Stock looking with ridiculous power. Maybe someday.

Congrats on the sweet score!

vujade
January 9th 2004, 09:13
thanks guys for all the support. This was really a tough decision I had to make about starting another project.

So I just got more good news this morning. I opened my email to find out that the shipping company already came and picked the car up last nite around 8 or 9 pm. Not only that, but I was told by the seller that the truck was a modern type enclosed trailer (I only paid for an open trailer).

I shipped the car via Express Auto Transport (http://www.theexpressauto.com/) I would definitely recommend this shipping company. I checked them out on the web via the Better Business Bureau, Safesys.org (Govt Trucking Website) & also on Epinions.com before making a decision.

This gets me thinking, maybe we should start a sticky thread with a list of recommended auto shippers since most of us are always buying or selling cars over the internet.

zen
January 9th 2004, 12:55
very cool. you might want to hold that recommendation though until they deliver the car. :D i love it when things fall in your lap like that.

NO_H2O
January 9th 2004, 13:53
What Zen said. I'm sure that there will be many stops and maybe even a transfer along the way. Its cool knowing it is on the way. I bet you have the tracking web site in your favorites (It's in Reno, It's in Vegas, It's in Flagstaff, It's in Dallas) :D

zen
January 9th 2004, 14:06
can't be too long before (if they don't already) one of the has a webcam so you can watch your car live. :rolleyes:

vujade
January 9th 2004, 16:49
Zen

thats true about holding off on the recommendation. But usually what most peoples bad experiences with shipping companies is usually false promises about pickups & deliveries.

Your promised that they will pick in up in a certain number of days, but it may take a few weeks or even months. Or you are promised a certain delivery day and it sits in a teriminal for a few weeks before it is transferred to another truck.

So far this company promised pickup in 7 days or less and it only took less then 1 day to pick it up. I was also told it would take 10 to 14 days for delivery, so we'll see how they do on that.

The part I was really surprised about, was them picking it up in an enclosed trailer when I only paid for an open trailer. I guess I just got lucky on that one.

vujade
January 16th 2004, 21:47
I talked with the shipping company today & also talked with the Driver on his cell phone. He will be here either Sunday Nite or Monday sometime with my new Fasty.

All I can say is sweet! :D