PDA

View Full Version : Joe - we need a 1303 Right hand Drive Carbon Dash

Andy
September 11th 2002, 04:22
There is a picture of a modified 1303 dash in the gallery. It takes three dials instead of 1.

CSP also do a 911 Style dash for a 1303 in LHD.

I am sure that you could design a better one than both of these in carbon and RHD. They need to have a place for Tacho plus Speedo next to each other, as if factory made, and also space for oil pressure, oil tempature etc.

I am sure there is a lot of people who would like these.

Chris Percival
September 11th 2002, 05:06
Shipping would be a killer.. I might be able to put you in touch with people in the UK that could make one for you...

samcat
September 11th 2002, 05:53
I have spoken to people before about those kind of dashboards and couldnt find anyone who would make one... Probably gonna have a go myself this winter.
As for shipping being a killer... Its not that bad! Dads shipped stuff from the states before and its been fine, not too expensive.

Cya,
Sam C

Vyper
September 11th 2002, 15:31
Originally posted by Chris Percival
Shipping would be a killer.. I might be able to put you in touch with people in the UK that could make one for you...

Shipping for a custom dash would be fun granted but larger peices of Joe's stuff works out reasonably.

I've had a number of pieces Joe has shipped to England and apart from the usual customs issues and proving parcel value etc.. it's been fine:

And that's bulky bits too like firewalls and dash panels, valance inserts etc.. not just small peices.

"Carbon" Vyper :silly:

Chris Percival
September 12th 2002, 04:03
Well if Joe is willing to make them, then I am sure people over here would buy them, maybe even me!

Andy
September 12th 2002, 04:17
He is going to be one busy man for a while!

Carbon Joe
September 16th 2002, 18:25
That's a tough one, I know I could do it but it would take allot of modeling time which I don't have right now. The cost to ship it wouldn't be to bad but I think the cost of the part would be high because it's a complex part. It would be very easy to make one out of fiberglass and make a C/F gauge plate for it, this would help keep the cost down.

Andy
September 17th 2002, 03:37
Originally posted by Carbon Joe
That's a tough one, I know I could do it but it would take allot of modeling time which I don't have right now. The cost to ship it wouldn't be to bad but I think the cost of the part would be high because it's a complex part. It would be very easy to make one out of fiberglass and make a C/F gauge plate for it, this would help keep the cost down.

That sounds ok, also do you make a carbon cover for the radio cavity on a 1303, or even a carbon cover for the radio cavity that would take small size vdo gauges. That would be good. If you do, I want one.