PDA

View Full Version : Joined the local scca club today!

jhelgesen
January 9th 2004, 11:51
Hey Guys, found the website for the local scca chapter today. Turns out, they run autocrosses all around me, and lots of them. I'm learning about car classes right now to see where my 911 will be placed. I think I'll be able to use the GL vert too if I add a roll bar.

They will have a school for autocrossing at the end of feb, so I need to get the 911 done and ready to go soon, then find a helmet. Too cool.

zen
January 9th 2004, 12:53
i've been meaning to investigate the local chapter since the sping. i met the chapter president in Dallas of all places at a convention. they run parking lot auto-crosses down at Turner Park. i am a little concerned about the clutch on the 951 so haven't pursued too hard figuring i will need to run the bug.

let us know how it goes.

Pillow
January 12th 2004, 02:03
At least in the ATL area the PCA does much better auto-x events in my opinion.

Plus in the SCCA there are a lot of cheesy bling bling cars wasting daylight out there... Meaning less laps for you. Also the SCCA starts are from a standstill and could possibly be hard on the clutch, in the PCA you get a rolling start in 1st. Granted the SCCA big power cars have some sweet burnouts :) Not to bash the SCCA as some of the drivers there are ungodly good.

yellow73
January 13th 2004, 00:44
I have a friend at work who competes regularly in SCCA events in the Eastern US let me know if you have any questions I can ask him....unfortunately he runs a celica (and it has lots of stickers on it...)