PDA

View Full Version : Bearing spacers.

boygenius
January 11th 2004, 13:31
I am going to have bearing spacers made for my car to mount 1987 and later 944 hubs onto my ball joint spindles. I don't know any prices yet as I have only contacted one person so far and am still waiting for a reply. I will buy a new set of spindles to take to some local machine shops for measurements but I won't have those for at least a week. If anyone is interested let me know so I can take some numbers to the machine shop and maybe get a better price per unit.

Brendan..

DORIGTT
January 11th 2004, 14:20
My Ghia would be interested in a set!

boygenius
January 16th 2004, 03:17
Got a source for the bearing spacers. If anybody is interested let me know either by a PM, email or by leaving a reply.

Genius....

jrinlv
January 16th 2004, 14:28
Got a source for the bearing spacers. If anybody is interested let me know either by a PM, email or by leaving a reply.

Genius....

I need a set, do you have a quote on the price yet? Let me know JR

boygenius
January 16th 2004, 20:44
I need a set, do you have a quote on the price yet? Let me know JR

Sent you a PM.

matara
January 17th 2004, 18:22
I would be interested in some for a 944 turbo disks on a Ball joint front end

canibugu
February 7th 2004, 22:36
I am going to have bearing spacers made for my car to mount 1987 and later 944 hubs onto my ball joint spindles. I don't know any prices yet as I have only contacted one person so far and am still waiting for a reply. I will buy a new set of spindles to take to some local machine shops for measurements but I won't have those for at least a week. If anyone is interested let me know so I can take some numbers to the machine shop and maybe get a better price per unit.

Brendan..

If its not to late... Can i get a set?
Jason
canibugu@insightbb.com

kafercup
February 10th 2004, 14:47
Do you know if the ball joint spacers would be the same as the ones for my S/B discs on CB spindles?

If they are, i'll definitely take a set :agree:

boygenius
February 10th 2004, 21:02
The details are still being worked out.

boygenius
February 16th 2004, 11:41
[QUOTE=kafercup]Do you know if the ball joint spacers would be the same as the ones for my S/B discs on CB spindles? [QUOTE]

Uhmmm.... Do a search in the forums, I think they are the same bearings in all beetles so I dont see why the bearing spacers wouldn't work.

kafercup
February 16th 2004, 17:22
Count me in for a set then :agree:

[QUOTE=kafercup]Do you know if the ball joint spacers would be the same as the ones for my S/B discs on CB spindles? [QUOTE]

Uhmmm.... Do a search in the forums, I think they are the same bearings in all beetles so I dont see why the bearing spacers wouldn't work.

Bugnutz
February 26th 2004, 09:50
Brendan,

Looks like I'll be needing a set of bearing spacers for my car after all. Send me an e-mail with the details mpetrush@frontiernet.net

Regards, Mark.

boygenius
February 26th 2004, 20:07
The shop is currently working on my brakes. The work will be done in 2 to 3 weeks. When the work is done the final price will be set. I will let all who are interested know the details as soon as I do.

Brendan...

boygenius
March 9th 2004, 21:32
The bearing spacers are done. The spacers allow you to use the porsche bearings and a special ring was made to let you use the stock VW grease seal. The price for the kit is C$175.

You can see them at www.vdubcustoms.com

Contact vbubcustoms if you are interested.